What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ideas for coping with the HEATWAVE - share your ideas

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Lucky me it is only warm in my house... my rabbits are cooler in the garage than I am. Lol HAF out there though, and only a few hrs a day where decent work can be done out there. Sheeeite!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
on the worst days, i go trout fishing up in the mountains. odd, but i seem to fall in regularly, luckily when my pockets are empty...:whistling:

Reactions: Gry

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- I could dive into the Thames - like I did back in '76 - during a heatwave - and rip my foot open on some submerged rusty shopping trolley - then spend a few hours in accident and emergency getting it sewn up - but we are supposed to learn from life's little lessons - so I'd rather make 2 litres of iced yogurt/kefir/fruit smoothies - and slowly cool myself down from the inside - out - sipping the smoothie slowly over a hot afternoon - making sure there is plenty of ice in them - so regulating bodyheat somewhat - and occasionally getting a 'Brain-Freeze' - a 'Brain-Freeze' on a hot day - is SOMETHING ELSE!

revegeta666

Already almost 1100 dead @Hombre del mont , between tourists and nationals (many people over 65 years old, several workers by heat stroke, those killed in forest fires, hikers / athletes lost and killed by heat stroke...).

Yesterday I took the car and went to buy groceries at 4 PM and all the way to the supermarket I saw tourists walking in full sun. Dozens of them. Some of them clearly retired couples, like 60-65 years old. In the middle of nowhere, 10-15 min away from civilization. Even saw a local guy I know jogging... How stupid can a person be, to be walking outside in this heat at 4 o'clock, looking like a lobster and risking their lives like that for nothing. I am 41 in good shape and am getting lightheaded from doing minor work in the garden in the shade. How are these people even alive lmao. wtf

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I see that everytime, people older than me doing work or stuff in the sun when I feel I would pass out just from being in the sun. I guess it's what they are used to do. I heard older people loose the thermoregulation precision of the body and even a bit of the feel for what's too hot so they should be even more careful when in extreme conditions.

Three Berries

What a bunch of wimps.....

b5ad70a208bcc7c0fc89a3090c4e49d3f660f912f02659a1aa79762eca377231.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-what-we-know-dangers-heatstroke/10036028002/

heat is no joke and once your body temp reaches a certain level you are basically cooking from the inside out
drink plenty of water and limit your activity duiring the hottest parts of the day
/this is a nice time for a siesta
i cool the house in the ealry morning and then shut things up tight until the sun goes down or things cool off outside
we are lucky here by the coast where the temps dont get that bad, but go a couple miles inland and the heat is on

revegeta666

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-what-we-know-dangers-heatstroke/10036028002/

heat is no joke and once your body temp reaches a certain level you are basically cooking from the inside out
drink plenty of water and limit your activity duiring the hottest parts of the day
i cool the house in the ealry morning and then shut things up tight until the sun goes down or things cool off outside
we are lucky here by the coast where the temps dont get that bad, but go a couple miles inland and the heat is on

This summer is the first time in my life I have a siesta every day, which is funny because it's our national sport, just never appealed to me. I am taking a liking to it, it's interesting how reinvigorating a 30 min nap can be.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

the devil made me do it :devilish:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Yesterday I took the car and went to buy groceries at 4 PM and all the way to the supermarket I saw tourists walking in full sun. Dozens of them. Some of them clearly retired couples, like 60-65 years old. In the middle of nowhere, 10-15 min away from civilization. Even saw a local guy I know jogging... How stupid can a person be, to be walking outside in this heat at 4 o'clock, looking like a lobster and risking their lives like that for nothing. I am 41 in good shape and am getting lightheaded from doing minor work in the garden in the shade. How are these people even alive lmao. wtf

-Come on, let's make the most of the midday and early afternoon hours.... I don't know whether to walk around the Plaza de España in Seville, the Plaza del Pilar in Zaragoza, or queue up to enter the Mosque of Cordoba or the Cathedral of Toledo... And if not, I'll take a ride on a bike to get some fresh air..."

Real pictures:
1533122887_849718_1533401157_album_normal.jpg
descarga.jpeg
1440137274-kvl--624x385@La Verdad.jpg
TERMOMETRO-50-k2mB--1248x698@abc.jpg
ola-calor-sevilla(1)_xoptimizadax-U56207324456CaE-310x192@abc.jpg
5b654f2b290cd.jpg

Ola-calor-Sevilla_1701440676_162445128_667x375.jpg

termometro-calle-alcanza-record-grados_1701740999_162518021_1200x675.jpg
6a00d8341bfb1653ef01901e806210970b-1024x739.jpg

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"In my region, we've been experiencing the coolest summer in my life (I think). It's been in the upper 60s (F) mostly. Day after day, it's been so nice! I hope it stays this way. Already halfway through summer!"
-hempymcnoodle

like a summer that never was; we had one of those a few years back and i loved it
im with you man! as i get older i like being comfortable more and more
summer is nice and i like the longer days, but i dont enjoy the heat as much
when its cool, you can always put on a long sleeve shirt, there are only so many clothes you can take off when its hot, then you are still hot
/im sitting here naked right now!

its weird how the climate works but i hope you are enjoying your summer time man

eta, those guys in the vid look pretty squared away; i esp liked the guy wearing shades with a smoke in the background
that was very nice of them to give the deer some water and you could tell the animal appreciated it

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"-Come on, let's make the most of the midday and early afternoon hours.... I don't know whether to walk around the Plaza de España in Seville, the Plaza del Pilar in Zaragoza, or queue up to enter the Mosque of Cordoba or the Cathedral of Toledo... And if not, I'll take a ride on a bike to get some fresh air..."
-montuno

you got it brother, get out and enjoy life!
just dont over do it in the heat"
/so which of those sexy pics is you?!?

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"One becomes acclimatized. I knew we did in GW1. Where we were cold @ 112 deg F in the shade."
-switcher56

its people like soldiers/ fire fighters who hare most at risk doing heavy work in full gear in the heat
i love the desert still and am very heat tolerant but have seen people go down from the heat and its not cool; plus i hear once you get it you are more prone to get it again
you know how they take your body temp if you go down with heat stroke?

Latest posts

Latest posts