What's new

Ideal nighttime temps

I am running gavita 1700e’s, Grape pie and Apple fritter in 5 gallon coco. What are ideal nighttime temps for veg AND flower? Thank you!

No lower than 10° less than your daytime temps. I aim to run lights on at around 27° and lights off around 20 or 21° for flower.
In veg I go for higher temps. 29°+ lights on and 24-25° lights off.

Other people will do it differently. Thats just what seems to work for me.

But I'm also using cmh not led.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm in the midst of changing my mind. For a long time I have avoided 16c by aiming for 18c. These were numbers given to me, and have always played out well. Keeping the ground and tank temperatures reasonable, and just adding light for the daytime would soon have them in the zone.

I'm in limbo, as I'm seeing a mixed crops water consumption change with temperature, as you would expect. However, there is a big difference between 21 and 22c (according to an inkbird that seems to read a couple high) which seems a sure sign they change state considerably at this point. It's mostly kushes doing the drinking in there. I can't say if that makes hotter or colder preferable, but water use indicates better calcium transport. Which is often too low in the first week of bloom. Reduced stretching can also be observed with closer day/night temps. Colder days than nights is a recognised method to reduce stretch, which might be worth 20%. It's only important to warm the nights after the 3 or 4 hours plants really want to sleep for. If you put all this in play, you can see night temps play quite a part in night-time activities.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I like to mimic Mother Nature as much as I can by dropping the temps as low as can in the end. Fading the temps with the light intensity and photoperiod can help with plant colors and resin maturity. 😎