What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I think it's time to make this forum a bit more active...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll have to drive to Madison to find me a ton of anti Trump propaganda to pack the box with to ensure safe keeping. :biggrin:

See what you can find for anti liberal "lock her up!" type stuff for me.

We'll keep trolling each other with packing material.:biglaugh:

Freakazoid44

all passed with at least 70% support. That alone says volumes and there is no way that the crooked politicians can deny that the people of this state overwhelmingly support legal cannabis.

They may not be able to deny it, but they sure don't give a rat's ass about what anyone who isn't dumping huge money to the party thinks.

Oh well, not sure if anything changes with the state gerrymandered as bad as it is. We'll see.

Glad I grow, that's for sure. And now my Chicago friends don't have to mooch from me.

Fiddynut

They may not be able to deny it, but they sure don't give a rat's ass about what anyone who isn't dumping huge money to the party thinks.

Oh well, not sure if anything changes with the state gerrymandered as bad as it is. We'll see.

Glad I grow, that's for sure. And now my Chicago friends don't have to mooch from me.
Greetings Freakazoid.
I was a bit hopefull and it seemed like some momentum was building for a little while there but nothing seems to change around here. You have the right idea to keep yourself supplied the old fashioned way. From what I have seen the situation in Illinois with this new "legalization" I feel bad for them lining up for hours and paying out the ass and being lucky to find buds at the dispensarys. I hope things get better for them soon and I'm glad to be self sufficient and not having to deal with the system they have.

Freakazoid44

Greetings Freakazoid.
I was a bit hopefull and it seemed like some momentum was building for a little while there but nothing seems to change around here. You have the right idea to keep yourself supplied the old fashioned way. From what I have seen the situation in Illinois with this new "legalization" I feel bad for them lining up for hours and paying out the ass and being lucky to find buds at the dispensarys. I hope things get better for them soon and I'm glad to be self sufficient and not having to deal with the system they have.

Had a friend who drove through my town, and we went out for steaks. He's in Chicago and said, basically, when they saw how crazy demand was, they expanded the number of dispensary licenses they gave out, but since all the stuff is supposed to be in-state, to avoid issues with the feds, there weren't growers/suppliers lined up and licensed to provide. He says you can get edibles, but the bud is pretty impossible to get a hold of. He was thrilled when I dropped about 1/8 of an oz. of Grapefruit in a small jar, and gave him a loaf of sourdough bread to take back to Chicago with him.

Freakazoid44

Madison contemplating full de-criminalization

Madison contemplating full de-criminalization

Would "legalize" possession under an ounce, and allow open smoking/consumption with property owner's approval/permission, including businesses and some public spaces.

Essentially, the ordinances would let someone consume outdoors at someone’s house or other private property including a tavern, restaurant or other business with the owner’s permission, and outdoors on public property is permitted, Paulsen said. The proposals would not allow use in city parks, for example, because under current park rules no one is allowed to possess controlled substances, she said.

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/reefer-madison-majority-of-city-council-proposes-easing-local-marijuana-laws/article_f326ce8d-889b-58ca-abfb-0e2085ad899c.html

hamstring

Veteran
Hello cheese heads. I am a FIB and I was driving home from north of Greenbay to my home in South Beloit IL . I drove by a 5 acre pot field today on my way home.

I thought I was crazy I did a Uturn and went back and parked and looked at the field from my car with my hazards on. It was planted 50 yards away from the road similar to a corn field. I didnt get out of the car but they were all 5 foot christmas trees with perfect spacing. The plants nearest to the road, the ones i could see the best, all had big wide indica leaves . The colors of the leaves ranged from purples to dark green. They all looked to be in full bud.

I think I may be loosing my mind but all the leaves were still on the plants and I didnt see any frost damage at all!! I just pulled a very small outdoor last week and the leaves were turning brown from frost damage. The buds were undamaged but bud leaves were brown.

First how in the HELL can someone in WI grow 5 acres of pot at all? My route was I90 to 151 to 26 to 41. I dont remember exactly but my picture is time stamped at 1hr & 20 minutes after I left just north of GreenBay headed south.

Google maps takes you down a more rural part of the highway where the speed limit is 55mph and its two lanes. I couldn't believe my eyes and still don't thats why I am asking WHAT THE HELL DID I SEE? Is any cheesehead familiar with this practice?? Is this some other crop I am unfamiliar with ??

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
... it’s hemp.
:biggrin:

Hello cheese heads. I am a FIB and I was driving home from north of Greenbay to my home in South Beloit IL . I drove by a 5 acre pot field today on my way home.

I thought I was crazy I did a Uturn and went back and parked and looked at the field from my car with my hazards on. It was planted 50 yards away from the road similar to a corn field. I didnt get out of the car but they were all 5 foot christmas trees with perfect spacing. The plants nearest to the road, the ones i could see the best, all had big wide indica leaves . The colors of the leaves ranged from purples to dark green. They all looked to be in full bud.

I think I may be loosing my mind but all the leaves were still on the plants and I didnt see any frost damage at all!! I just pulled a very small outdoor last week and the leaves were turning brown from frost damage. The buds were undamaged but bud leaves were brown.

First how in the HELL can someone in WI grow 5 acres of pot at all? My route was I90 to 151 to 26 to 41. I dont remember exactly but my picture is time stamped at 1hr & 20 minutes after I left just north of GreenBay headed south.

Google maps takes you down a more rural part of the highway where the speed limit is 55mph and its two lanes. I couldn't believe my eyes and still don't thats why I am asking WHAT THE HELL DID I SEE? Is any cheesehead familiar with this practice?? Is this some other crop I am unfamiliar with ??

hamstring

Veteran
Eugen
Dude you sure?? I'm sure you're kidding.

The pictures I have seen of hemp fields Hemp they are grown tightly together in rows. Closer than corn is because the vegetative matter vs the flower is what they are after

These were evenly spaced squat christmas tree shaped plants not the long tall skinny plants. Maybe it was CBD crop of low THC plants!!

Is CBD growing allowed in WI. ? Also not sure if all low THC type strains are in the hemp family. They may be.

Fiddynut

Eugen
Dude you sure?? I'm sure you're kidding.

The pictures I have seen of hemp fields Hemp they are grown tightly together in rows. Closer than corn is because the vegetative matter vs the flower is what they are after

These were evenly spaced squat christmas tree shaped plants not the long tall skinny plants. Maybe it was CBD crop of low THC plants!!

Is CBD growing allowed in WI. ? Also not sure if all low THC type strains are in the hemp family. They may be.

Greetings hamstring.
I'm sure its an ultra low tch high cdb strain that gets classified as hemp by being below whatever the thc threshold is. They take most of it and make cdb extract out of it. They also sell some of the flower but its hard to find and the one time I tasted it was like smoking a bowl of brick weed like I'd get in the early 80's.

hamstring

Veteran
Hey guys thanks for the all feedback. It must have been the CBD strains. Still kills me how no sign of frost damage. I was too chicken to go over and really check it out. I'll have to post the video I took. Lots of vehicles were driving by too.

I say it still counts I saw my first pot field . I mean not counting the small l ones I have grown :canabis:.

Thanks cheese heads for letting a FIB hang out for a couple of days.:tiphat:

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Greetings hamstring.
I'm sure its an ultra low tch high cdb strain that gets classified as hemp by being below whatever the thc threshold is. They take most of it and make cdb extract out of it. They also sell some of the flower but its hard to find and the one time I tasted it was like smoking a bowl of brick weed like I'd get in the early 80's.
And they have to be on top of their genetics. Hot hemp gets destroyed.
I have heard of folks spraying hemp with distillate and pawning it off as cannabis.

Freakazoid44

Before DuPont got the government to outlaw agricultural hemp, Wisconsin was the #1 hemp producer in the nation. Even though I think they're finally approving it, just outlawing it doesn't make it go away. Wild hemp fields are all over the state. Not saying that is what you saw, but it could be a wild one or an agricultural grow.

I had a couple college buddies who headed out for the opening of trout season, probably in 1987. They came back, early, all excited because they thought they stumbled into a marijuana field. They speed-dried the stuff they grabbed in the oven, and smoked it, and all they got was a wicked headache. It was hemp.

Latest posts

Latest posts