What's new

I Need some help please new grower.

N

New_gorilla

I got some soil for outdoors and it's wickes multi purpose compost and it's ph to 5.5 to 6.0 but I want to make it ph 6.2 to 6.5 how much lime do I put in a 125 litre bag of soil to get correct ph thank you.

Please help as will be starting the grow next week or 2

Hopefull Stoner

you sorta bought a soil additive = compost feeds/enriches your soil. u should ask the store you buy from or get a lady to ask for you at another spot. that mix already has added lime in in and i'm not sure if adding more will help by default. but if that mix has everything else it might.

a soil tech will help out here i'm sure. in the mean time ask the seller/garden expert.
i've been using biobizz lite most recently and i like it. i'll keep that as my go to soil and bulk it up some for keeping mother plants. I'll use coco coir for a normal planned run.
i sure i hope i can do that next.

i wish u all the best dude . oh yeah get notebook so you can record what you do. what you're feeding and how much, temps/humidity pant heights occasionally. you flower based on how much they will stretch if known.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just throw in a cup for every 4 sq feet and let the spring rain and run off do the rest. But adding a cup to your bag won't hurt it.

40degsouth

I wouldn't add lime to immature compost or manure, do a quick Google search on this.
If the compost is actually finished composting, l would of thought the ph would of been closer to neutral???
I'd be more inclined to initially grow in pots, while you water with aerated compost teas once a week, with molasses, to bolster microbial activity and introduce red wrigglers or tiger worms.
If you do this the soil might naturally balance out on its own.
I've also planted into "hot" soil by putting "good" soil into the middle of the beds and hoping I've got the volumes right before the roots get to the outside.
If it is straight compost, I'd water a clay slurry into the beds as well.
Cheers,

Latest posts

Latest posts