What's new

I live hear

spyvsspy

WOW bocil, beautiful place....... I may pop my head up in your little "city" sometime soon..... maybe.
On that first set of pictures, the 5th one from the left, is that a little building or fort or something in one of the bottom most caves on the left?? I couldn't really tell for sure, but that would be something worth exploring if it is.................:chin:
Nevertheless, sure beats the 100 degree concrete jungle I call home right now. Live it up and take a deep breath of fresh air for me!
-spy:joint:

B

bocil

Diaz Pimienta Palace

This is a large Baroque building.It represents a beatiful example of elemental Baroque,designed with an open ground floor lined with arches and two more floors flanked by two towers.A view of these two towers was lost when a building was constructed in the intermediate space.

B

bocil

Mansion of the Mimenza Family.

This was one of the first mansion to be catalogued as such in Bizkaia.Its Renaissance ground floor constructed in ashlar stone,with a portico made up of 6 segments,is of a great interest ,as are its high gallery and baroque style coat of arms.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Awesome thread bocil! Love the pics... all the history and scenery is great but the FOOD there in your area has to be the best I have ever had. OMG!

Peace...D

B

bocil

Custom House.

This impressive building built in 1787 is a prototype of the neoclassical style,in the style of the " alhondiga ilustrada" built by sabarini,with a rectangular layaut,interior patio and crossed circulations.its design is atribu to Justo Antonio de Olaguibel and it was constructed by manuel de carrera.In spite of being designed as a building to tax and control the movement of goods,it was not used for this purpose for very long,as in 1841 the customs post was moved to the coast.After many years closed this building, restored and nowadays it is a Hotel - resort

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice town, thanks for sharing. Those buildings are 200 years older than the oldest building in my area.

B

bocil

Dark Portal.

The second section of the original wall that still survives today,contains one of the entrances into the town.The wall forms part of the town hall,preserves all the battlements and and on the right-hand side there ia a simple belfry with a renaissance style bell.

B

bocil

Town hall.

The present Town Hall was built in 1772 in the style of the tower-mansions found in other Basque Towns.the ground,first and second floors of this building were made with ashlar stone and reddish-coloured solid brick on the top floor,where there is an enormus Baroque style coat of arms of special interest.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bocil simply amazing pictures love your country would love to visit sometime in the future...

B

bocil

Church of the Holy Family.

This building was originally owned by the Company of Jesus.Its a model of ornamented Baroque architecture.It is divided into three sections and on each of these we can find enormous coats of arms containing Jesuit anagrams,consisting of exuberant plant motifs.The centre of the cornice bears the enormous coat of arms of the founder Urdanegui,and on each side,there are belfries consisting of two bodies and three openings.

B

bocil

This one is a sequence of photos of the Square of the city. In her stay the majority of monuments, not all.

This characteristic arcade,product of the feverish trading activities developed in the town over the centuries,ran around the perimeter of the Square city of Orduña.

B

bocil

One of the symbols of the city, they are the cigueñas, have enough constructed nests and there are 4 pairs of cigueñas in the city.

B

bocil

While I prepare for you more photos, have to go for the city extracting more photos, I am going to put a few photos of modern and ancient houses, which are peculiar.