What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have this "friend"...

tech1234

This isn't your typical "I have a friend who..." question, anyways my buddy is a very heavy smoker (1g of high quality dags per day + edibles+ random flower smoke sesh's with friends who stop by)

He has a very hard time sleeping, only getting on average 3 hours of sleep per night for the past year or so and I have been telling him his huge cannabinoid consumption could be playing a role in this and that he should prob slow down or take a break and see how his sleep is affected. He's really starting to look like shit and he is about to lose a good job because of his lack of sleep. How can help him/do you guys think I'm on the right track...?

As a side note he's one of those people who seems to have brain chemistry that has opposite reactions to drugs than most.. ie he gets tired on cocaine and adderal and energy on downers

Dog Star

Veteran
BHO from some strong plant like GG#4 mixed with quality BHO from some high CBD strain,

3 times a day taking via ingesting till he dont feel well whithouth smoke...

Dr. Dog Star

solofoe

I bet it's because he has poor sleep habits like leaving the TV on and playing on his phone instead of setting a time to lay down with the lights out.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I consider myself a "heavy" smoker and still sleep great. All people are different but I have found if I eat fairly healthy and exercise I tend to sleep good. No exercise and I toss and turn. Hope he finds a solution :tiphat:

nukklehead

needs exercise.. weightlifting especially.. wont elaborate on the nutritional , hormonal, chemical reasons.. too much..
45 minute intense workout, post workout huge carbohydrate protein meal.. trust me.. you will fall asleep... prayers for your friend..

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
you could try camping, not much to do after dark so you kinda have to sleep, then after a couple days, when you go home, try going to bed earlier. works for me.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Magnesium powder or pills. I use CALM powder. NightWave Sleep Assistant- which is a soft blue light device that lulls you to sleep.

Exercise helps but do it earlier in the day not real late into the night close to sleep time.

Dog Star

Veteran
Massage your eyeballs before sleep a bit,with this you activate nerv vagus and then is much easier to get quality rest.

Little kids when they are tired rub their eyes before sleep... its a basic instinct and it
really works for adults,try it.

t99

Veteran
As a side note he's one of those people who seems to have brain chemistry that has opposite reactions to drugs than most.. ie he gets tired on cocaine and adderal and energy on downers

Melatonin helps some people sleep.

The opposite reaction thing sounds like anxiety. Adderal is over prescribed, but the reason it helps people with anxiety focus is because it slows their mind down and relaxes them. Opposite reaction that most get from it.
Does he get panic attacks? I'm not a big fan of doctors, but self medicating anxiety isn't easy and can make things worse.

igrowone

Veteran

i'll second the melatonin, can be very helpful
one possibility is spending a night at a sleep center
if he's in jeopardy of losing his job that option might provide some medical cover, there are protections for firing someone with an illness

tech1234

The opposite reaction thing sounds like anxiety. Adderal is over prescribed, but the reason it helps people with anxiety focus is because it slows their mind down and relaxes them. Opposite reaction that most get from it.
Does he get panic attacks? I'm not a big fan of doctors, but self medicating anxiety isn't easy and can make things worse.

Yes he used to get panic attacks but they were "solved" by the cannabis... doctors perscibed him pills for both the anxiety and the sleeping but he doesn't like the idea of pills... personally I don't either but he may have to try something. Honestly his life is just full of band-aid fixes... he may have to spend some time looking inward and get at the root of these problems. thanks for all the sleep aid tips guys. I'll pass them on

Latest posts

Latest posts