What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I got some close up pics of a few mites, was hoping they might be good enough to help id them

Growdo Baggins

They showed up in my worm bin after I added some really dark, rich, loaded with arthropods soil from my neighbors farm. They are very plentiful in there now, looking like they mostly are hanging out in the top inch or so. They look a lot like hypoaspis miles but I can't tell for sure.
2022-12-03-183939516.jpg
2022-12-03-183851385.jpg
2022-12-03-183523316.jpg
2022-12-03-183415775.jpg
2022-12-03-183257196.jpg

Growdo Baggins

Could be an adult Chigger nasty little people mite looks a bit red
I fucking hate those things. I moved from the north to the south and for some reason me and no one else ends up with 15 chiggers bites every time I go into the woods. They itch for weeks. And if you do itch them they immediately turn into open wounds, that still itch.

Old Piney

I fucking hate those things. I moved from the north to the south and for some reason me and no one else ends up with 15 chiggers bites every time I go into the woods. They itch for weeks. And if you do itch them they immediately turn into open wounds, that still itch.
And if you don't stop scratching they itch for along time .I get itchy just thinking about them.Spay you clothes and boots down with Permethrin and you'll never get another bite

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

i get em toooo in new york.... one of the reasons i stopped growing outdoors- they like warm moist areas of the body- when we were building my house , i got em on my ankles , my builder in his armpits, my broker ...in his groin...OUCH

Old Piney

i get em toooo in new york.... one of the reasons i stopped growing outdoors- they like warm moist areas of the body- when we were building my house , i got em on my ankles , my builder in his armpits, my broker ...in his groin...OUCH
My little guardians lol