What's new

I found this spider in my grow room is it bad?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I found this spider in my grow room is it bad? Will it eat bad bugs like spider mites if I get any.
20231005_114010.jpg

FletchF.Fletch

420club
No, the mites are too small. There are other bugs, often in their Larval (baby) stage, that are small enough to prey on mites and their eggs. Green Lacewing larvae are sold as predators against mites and other small pests.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
All spiders are poison to something so be very careful not to let in get between your clothes and body. If it were me I would take a drinking glass and a piece of cardboard and catch it and release it outdoors. They do better outdoors than indoors just to be safe.

GF-Z

No, the mites are too small. There are other bugs, often in their Larval (baby) stage, that are small enough to prey on mites and their eggs. Green Lacewing larvae are sold as predators against mites and other small pests.
I wish I could domesticate some species of spiders, like jumping spider, which would munch on juicy fungus gnat larvae... Would set up whole macro video shoot studio just to catch how spider is munching on those juicy larvae... =))

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Honestly surprised, and a bit disappointed, no one here even suggested to irradiate the spider, blow weed smoke on it and then get bitten by it!

Is it a sloth? is it a koala? is it a panda?

No! It's:

SponerMan! part stoner part spider he can make a hammock anywere with his web, but he might just be too lazy to crawl in it!

Sponer man! does he fight cryme?
naw man, just gonna let the police deal with it, i'm just gonna see if there's munchies in the kitchen...

Sponer man....coming....eventually....to well...somewere unlikely near you if he doesn't get off his fat ass....

I quit...

GF-Z

Honestly surprised, and a bit disappointed, no one here even suggested to irradiate the spider, blow weed smoke on it and then get bitten by it!

Is it a sloth? is it a koala? is it a panda?

No! It's:

SponerMan! part stoner part spider he can make a hammock anywere with his web, but he might just be too lazy to crawl in it!

Sponer man! does he fight cryme?
naw man, just gonna let the police deal with it, i'm just gonna see if there's munchies in the kitchen...

Sponer man....coming....eventually....to well...somewere unlikely near you if he doesn't get off his fat ass....

I quit...
I've heard those raccoon spiders wait till buds are almost ready and sneakily cuts all pop corn buds and just steal them 1 by 1... Usually humans wont even recognise that all pop-corn buds missing until half of plant is just a stems with tops... Those nasty crawlers are spreading through entire earth. They smell distinct terpenes from miles away and thats the way they find crops with flowers. Even CIA was interested to domesticate them and to use with micro gps for tracking down growers in illegal states. That is worse than any pests you can imagine. They are smart. And hungry. Then spiders are hungry - they EAT!

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
I've heard those raccoon spiders wait till buds are almost ready and sneakily cuts all pop corn buds and just steal them 1 by 1... Usually humans wont even recognise that all pop-corn buds missing until half of plant is just a stems with tops... Those nasty crawlers are spreading through entire earth. They smell distinct terpenes from miles away and thats the way they find crops with flowers. Even CIA was interested to domesticate them and to use with micro gps for tracking down growers in illegal states. That is worse than any pests you can imagine. They are smart. And hungry. Then spiders are hungry - they EAT!

https://fb.watch/nHrq3iCrIo/:laughing: