What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I found a really great link on humic substances

Growdo Baggins

Awesome, ty so much. :)
My research (after reading many, maaany research papers) points to rabbit manure as being a fantastic source of HS when composted.

No harsh acids or alkaline treatment needed. ;)
I have also heard Bryan Waschman speak on rabbit manure and why he preferred it to any other manure. But I don't remember the details. It wasn't a super detailed podcast, but more of an overview. In it he mentions rabbit manure and why he uses it for his worm bins.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
While the info on rabbit manure making great HS is not well known, the outstanding properties of rabbit manure is heavily documented.

Depending on the diet of the rabbit... the nutrient values are higher than almost all other domesticated animals. Capable of reaching up to twice the nitrogen content of chicken manure, yet no need to compost it before putting it in your garden. "Urine Soaked" manure is different. The urine soaked, and any manure mixed with bedding, should be composted before using.

When I say 'composted' I mean live/hot composted at 160F for 3 days, like the inside of a compost pile gets a few days after turning. ;)