What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

shithawk420

Veteran
No! If I am not mistaken they "authentic K-Bars were made from High carbon Steel or subsequent ones. As an SS knife cannot start a fire when striking a "ferro rod".

View attachment 18823768
View attachment 18823769
That discoloration you see is cause buy striking a ferro rod, using the spine of the knife to start a fire.

This knife is a German Youth Knife a "Boy Scout" knife. made of Solligen steel. That knife is circa 1972. Purchased for $2.99 CAD. Besides staring fires, I have shaved with it in the past. Every now and again I used to "reblue" the blade. It has been a while. That knife has been to hell and back. The knife portrait is it original? IMHO No! for the aforementioned reasons. But hey, I've been wrong before. I would turn that knife down for my aforementioned reasons, however. I hope this helps :tiphat:
jesus christ.thats a real SS youth knife?fuck but yeah i knew that kbar knife was janky.guess ill tell my uncle if i ever see him.i guess the real interesting part is who and why they made that POS?china? theres gotta be a story more interesting than the knife.maybe some vietniemse kid found some parts and put it together.put i thanks guys.looks like we found a fake.those janky bastards are getting good.

acespicoli

1679995194727.png

These are nice
I always carry these hunting, fishing or just hiking scouting
after taking a unplanned dip one morning during a stream crossing,while still dark out around 4am
Think it was 7 degrees F out It was only a few miles walk back to the truck..I ended up staying out without using it mildy suffering hypothermia.. you know when the blood goes to the core to keep your vital organs ticking..and your arms dont wanna work anything in the extremities. Luckily I wear alot of stay dry and warm while wet wool. Alot of smoke is a good beacon for a rescue using a pile of wet leaves for fuel

Ferro rod makes a nice necklace. Wear it between my short sleeve and long sleeve layers.
You never know you could be crippled from a accident and out in the cold then it could be a life saver!!!
Production history
Service history
(USMC) Knife, Fighting Utility (USN Mark 2 utility knife)
Ka-Bar USMC fighting-work knife (4121915427).jpg
USMC Ka-Bar knife with leather sheath
TypeKnife
Place of origin
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_%281912-1959%29.svg.png
United States
Used byUnited States Marine Corps
United States Navy
United States Army
WarsWorld War II
Korean War
Vietnam War
Gulf War
War in Afghanistan
Iraq War
Designed23 November 1942
ManufacturerCamillus Cutlery Co.
Union Cutlery Co.
Pal Cutlery Co.
Robeson (ShurEdge) Cutlery Co.
Ontario Knife Co.
Produced1943–present

NSN 1095015819100

Interesting reading
1679997635760.png

1679997777598.png

Didnt these used to come with a spoon and fork ?
The dont leave home without it everything but the kitchen sink, swiss army knife
:love:
1679997934556.png

VINTAGE 1967 IMPERIAL STAINLESS US MILITARY MULTI BLADE POCKET KNIFE​

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
i used to have a silver one exactly like that.wonder what happened to it.gonna buy a couple of cool cheap knives on ebay.ones got a built in fire striker.ill post pics when i get them.probably be a couple weeks

armedoldhippy

Veteran
ive seen those knives.is there anything really practical in there?id rather carry an electrician bag.even put a cordless drill in there
star drive, allen heads, phillips head, magnifying glass, knife blades, and i'll bet a hundred dollars that there are scissors and a bottle opener. practical? nah. no hemostats that i can see, maybe a pair of needle-nose , lol.