What's new

I could use some advice on LED light settings in my tent.

LighterThief227

Hi all. Im growing a strain that stretched my limits in my 2 'x 4' x 6' tent. I have the light ( mars hydro sp3000 ) dimmed to 45% of the maximum output. Ive super cropped to keep the distance @12".
I am currently in day 24 of flower and believe that the stretch has slowed down.
Now im nor seeing tip burn or curling on the leaves even tho temps have been 79° to 85° fahrenheit.
I am guessing my light settings and know its foolish to believe things are ok. My eyes can not tell the brightness the plants are under. Does anyone have experience with LED's when the canopy is at 12" in week 4 of flower?

LighterThief227

1663024675805.jpg

StickyBandit

I bought a cheap light meter to check PPFD and measured the distance for 1,000 μmol at full noise on my different lights. My better lights it's ~12" but my cheap lights only get to about 800 μmol at ~6" so I use them for the cab stage
If you do get a meter make sure it reads PPFD in μmols. Someone correct me if those are the wrong terms plz :)
My meter connects to my phone and uses an app

This is a rough guide but they can usually handle more if healthy
Under normal home-scale operations, cannabis typically needs a PPFD of between
100 - 300 μmol/m2/s during the seedling,
400 - 600 μmol/m2/s during vegetation, and
800 - 1,000 μmol/m2/s during flowering

Since you have a mars hydro sp3000, which is a well known light, you could ask someone what distance 1,000 μmol is at the center on full and use that as a reference for the bud stage

Last edited:

LighterThief227

I bought a cheap light meter to check PPFD and measured the distance for 1,000 μmol at full noise on my different lights. My better lights it's ~12" but my cheap lights only get to about 800 μmol at ~6" so I use them for the cab stage
If you do get a meter make sure it reads PPFD in μmols. Someone correct me if those are the wrong terms plz :)
My meter connects to my phone and uses an app

This is a rough guide but they can usually handle more if healthy
Under normal home-scale operations, cannabis typically needs a PPFD of between
100 - 300 μmol/m2/s during the seedling,
400 - 600 μmol/m2/s during vegetation, and
800 - 1,000 μmol/m2/s during flowering

Since you have a mars hydro sp3000, which is a well known light, you could ask someone what distance 1,000 μmol is at the center on full and use that as a reference for the bud stage
Thank you very much for the knowledge.😁

Latest posts

Latest posts