What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I build hot rods!

JQP

Current project, '23 T tub, home built frame (2 X 3 tubing, 3/16 wall), fiberglass body, '71 400 sbc punched 30 I built from the ground up, aluminum heads, all the go-fast stuff, 700R4 built tranny (I didn't build that part), late '70's jag IRS I tore apart and rebuilt. 3:54 gears. Frame is painted all but a few pieces. Sunk the gel battery under the low seat (4" riser on front, to rear hinge on floor for seat platform), also have the fuse box there for easy access. Buckets seats are on sliders. Two big 5" gauges, one speed/tach, the other fuel, oil, water, volts. Two 1/2 kegs mounted vertical and ties together with 3/8 line at bottom for fuel, sender installed, caps on both on truck like stake rack on back. Factory windshield and top from the folks I got the body from. Still need wheels and tires, but getting closer to figuring that out. Body still needs lots of work, but will paint House of Kolor with small metalflake. Be done late this year, maybe 2019. How's that?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
hope u plan on keeping it a long/long time... you will never get the $$$ out that u put in (4get your time).... i am always amazed with all these builds , be it a 23 or a 57chevy or whatever- so much time and $$$ are spent, and the return at the auctions is pennies on the dollar...

sixixix

I love cars of all sorts, sounds like an awesome project! We don't see many of these in my country. I hope you plan on sharing pics with us!