What's new

Hypothetical, "If I Get Busted" Scenario

If I am growing two plants in Alberta and I get busted, what sort of penalty/jail time am I facing? How much does this change if there is a scale in the house and it appears I am dealing?

Q

quest

Tell them you are a fellow officer and you will get off free and clear. They might even give you a pension.

dmt

Veteran
if you have no priors, and no gang affiliation and tell them its for personal, i doubt they would charge you. be open and honest and make them feel sorry for you. make sure you akways have a job too, a productive citizen is an obedient one in the eyes of our justice system.

rent a locker somewhere to keep stashes, mags, books, scales , plastic bags . cops respect nerds too.

laziness is the reason why 95% of grows are ripped and or busted, d

O

organizedcrime

even if u get charged ur case might not get picked up by the prosecutor. happens to many. 2 plants though i wouldnt sweat it

H

hulkbogan

I doubt it would make it to court. Unless the cops a real douchebag and the plants are in plain site the police would never waste their time chopping two plants let alone going to court.

I think if you have people complaining about it they would be more inclined to do something but I personally know people who have cops for neighbours and still grow a few plants, nothing happens its not worth there time.

O

organizedcrime

I doubt it would make it to court. Unless the cops a real douchebag and the plants are in plain site the police would never waste their time chopping two plants let alone going to court.

I think if you have people complaining about it they would be more inclined to do something but I personally know people who have cops for neighbours and still grow a few plants, nothing happens its not worth there time.

its easy for the cops to charge you, i bet they probably would if they were redneck dicks (most of them are) but the prosecutor has beter things to do than tie up court with some guy growing a couple plants for himself

ef_honda

According to this tread in the Laws & Legislation forum Bill C-15 introduced mandatory minimum jail sentences for six or more plants. Sounds like you're probably good with two.

C-15 never passed and there are no mandatory minimums though we are likely going to see the bill reintroduced when the government reassembles in March.

According to this tread in the Laws & Legislation forum Bill C-15 introduced mandatory minimum jail sentences for six or more plants. Sounds like you're probably good with two.

Also: "(i) imprisonment for a term of six months if the number of plants produced is less than 201 and more than five, and the production is for the purpose of trafficking,"

If you're not selling (or giving it away, which is also trafficking), this wouldn't apply even if the bill does get passed.

S

Stoner Gardener

If someone were to see a scale in my home, regardless of whether it's a cop or a herb-friendly person, I would tell them it's for weighing food... either edibles (like for a diet) or fertilizer for the plants. Also, whenever dealing with LEO, show some contrition. It will almost always sway them to be more lenient than reacting with an innate sense of disrespect to a cop... whom, believe it or not, could be considered a human being.:yoinks:

H

hulkbogan

its easy for the cops to charge you, i bet they probably would if they were redneck dicks (most of them are) but the prosecutor has beter things to do than tie up court with some guy growing a couple plants for himself

Yeah your right but I think most cops know that it would get thrown out of court so they don't bother in the first place.

I know a few people who have gotten off of various charges because the arresting officer(s) just decide they don't feel like showing up to court. How common is this?

Yeah your right but I think most cops know that it would get thrown out of court so they don't bother in the first place.

I know a few people who have gotten off of various charges because the arresting officer(s) just decide they don't feel like showing up to court. How common is this?

I've heard that's pretty common with smaller stuff, especially speeding tickets (if you try to contest the ticket). I bet it gets less and less likely the more serious the charge is though.

O

organizedcrime

i know cops that have told me straight up "this will probably get thrown out" and they still lay charges. (but we know u cant trust a pig)

so its both sides of the fence

lilman

Cops lay charges to build up a history on you. They want to show the courts that you have prior charges, this will show past criminal activity no matter how small.. Remember what the cops charge u with doesnt mean crap..its what the judge thinks and says that counts.

Te lilman

Cadence

what about in toronto? I'm thinking about starting a micro pc grow. max 3 plants and fully for myself because I'm sick of dealing with sketch people

Latest posts

Latest posts