What's new

Hydro Business and Cannabis

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
I was at the local Hydro shop the oher day. Was like the 3rd time the clerk has seen me and has taken a shine to me, as I give good commission sales!

So I wander around and my GF looks at some Hydro Magazines, like Maximum Yield, and there was another one. Cheap Retail rags to run advertisments. 2 bucks per you know they are SALES Rags.

Ok so we get like 6 of these mags all free of course. My GF looks thur em and says to me. " What would happen to the hydro industry if Cannabis was wiped out for once and all?"

I thought, " Well they do grow tomatoes and other veggies in them." So I'm thinking it would HURT, but not kill the Hydro Industry.

Then I looked at the ADs and the Articals.
SHiiiiiiiiiiit, They Hydro Industry would dry up and BLOW AWAY!

They CAN"T Survive with out US! Who grows tomatoes in a hydro? Perhaps a Collage Bio Class. Now I haven't had a Hydro tomatoe so maybe I'm talken out my butt? Are they any good?

Ads for cloners and eb and flow yada yada, all with the undertones of Cannabis growing but never overtly mentioned. Like in the Hydro Store Websites.

Yet Dutch Master, Canna, Big Bud, etc... repeatedly make Visual reference to Cannabis. With Actors and Key Words.
No mention of Advance Nutes here. Perhaps they just don't buy space in these Store Sales rags. Or they wont let them?

Many of these products came about directly due to Cannabis Indoor growing in the 80's. But they Tout how great and fat your tomatoes will be?

We buy PH meters, EC meters, dirt, pots, Lights and Lamps, Nutes up the Ying yang, Mylar, fans, Eb and flow tables, Hydro buckets.

Now I know you can use all this to grow some dandy tomatoes. But why the hell bother? Ok New York Apt. dewller. Grandma? Dad? Nope Outside in the dirt is where they grow tomatoes.

They even sell ONA products in these Magazines. I guess tomatoes can get fairly ripe smelling.

Articals on building a FLOWER ROOM in a Closet? For tomatoes? Or this couple building a Green House, Off the Grid, no running water, 10 grand to build? For " Our Veg needs and family and freinds and have a little left to sell."
Ah 10 grand can keep you in freash veggies a LONG TIME.

Ok I know ppl want the ORGANIC Tomatoes, and some PPl do want to grow their own food. But how many comapared to Cannabis growers?

I betting it's like 4 to 1 or more.

The Hydro sales lady at the shop, KNOWS what the hell I'm doing. So does the Owner. So do the manufactures of all this stuff. No one said anything, just look at me! :D
Anyone know what the annual hydro take is in the US of A?

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Any "known" members own a hydro shop?

Any "known" members own a hydro shop?

I know this is an old thread/post, but since what I am going to ask is, more or less, related I thought I would resurrect it as opposed to starting a new thread...

First, though, I tend to agree with Sinfuldreams' point!

I am a noob to growing, and in particular to hydroponics. I have been doing a lot of surfing, reading, and research over the last few weeks, and my observations are right with this. Everywhere you look, the hydro websites fall just short of saying, "Buy Your Cannabis Equipment Here!" And I have to believe that without the indoor cannabis growers, many would not have viable businesses!

I am surprised this thread did not spark some conversation. So, since it did not the first time around, perhaps I can breath some life into it...

First my point/concern: As I am new to hydroponics, obviously I am in the market for some fairly specialty type equipment and supplies; Lights, Nutes, Fans, yada, yada... I have been buying what I can at Home Depot, Lowes, local garden centers, etc. But when it gets right down to it, several of the items I desire upfront, and on an ongoing basis {nutes, rockwool, growrocks, etc} are really mainly found only at hydro shops. In the area where I live there is only one such shop! My concern is that if I continually go back there, always paying in cash, he's going to "know" what I am up to and if he is LEO Friendly may eventually take down my car's license number and turn it in. {Overly paranoid, I know. But better safe than sorry!} It'd be great if I could learn that he is Smoker Friendly, but I'll be darned if I am going to broach that topic with him!

So, here is where I am heading with this: Based on the assumption of this thread, many {most?} hydro shops are actually in business supplying the indoor cannabis grower. And as such, I am hoping that at least one {or more} of ICMag's "known" and respected members is a shop owner/operator. If so, I'd like to know what shop this is, and if they have an associated website. I would like to establish a business relationship with someone who would not bat an eye at a phone in order, with a follow-up money order being sent in...

If there are such members/shops, it'd be awesome if I could get the needed info. Via PM if all involved think that best...

Thanx!

-BuzzBob {aka BabbleBob}

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Oh Bummer!!

I just realized the original thread is in the Law & Politics forum... :( I know my post/inquiry does not fit well with those topics.

I found the thread to reply to by using Search, and did not take note of the forum!

Mods: If you read this, and concur, feel free to move the thread, split out my post, or whatever action you deem necessary...

-BuzzBob

Latest posts

Latest posts