What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hyaluronic acid: Not just for cosmetic use - has anyone here tried it?

Cuddles

I have done some reading about hyaluronic acid in the past but it was all about skin care, wrinkles and so on.
But apparently it´s also really good for stuff like joint pain and joint stiffness, amongst other things.

So, I´m wondering if any forum members or your friends, family have ever used it and how it helped (or not) ?

Cuddles

well, I have decided to order some hyaluronic acid, plus a collagen supplement. And I´m very curious to see if and how I will benefit health wise :)

SamMitchell

To be honest, I've never heard about the usage of hyaluronic acid for something else except skin care. And it's totally new info for me, I need to learn more about it.
And collagen is good for joints.
Have you found the reviews of the usage of hyaluronic acid for joints somewhere else, or have you just decided to give it a try?

Cuddles

To be honest, I've never heard about the usage of hyaluronic acid for something else except skin care. And it's totally new info for me, I need to learn more about it.
And collagen is good for joints.
Have you found the reviews of the usage of hyaluronic acid for joints somewhere else, or have you just decided to give it a try?
I did some more reasearch online about what both do and so on.

Collagen and HA are both good for the joints as well as many other things. I decided that using both is a good idea because they sort of `work together´ , it´s kinda a like team work ,lol.
I´was gonna start a new thread dedicated to both but I wanted to wait a few more days.

If you´re interested, there´s actually tons of reviews on Amazon and elsewhere for both supps and from different brands. I mean some of them are like 30 or 40k. You can also use the search function if you´re looking for a review for a specific purpose.

So far I can confirm some positive results and I´m really glad I spent the money, which I don´t even have, on these :)

Last edited:

SamMitchell

I did some more reasearch online about what the both do and so on.

Collagen and HA are both good for the joints as well as many other things. I decided that using both is a good idea because they sort of `work together´ , it´s kinda a like team work ,lol.
I´was gonna start a new thread dedicated to both but I wanted to wait a few more days.

If you´re interested, there´s actually tons of reviews on Amazon and elsewhere for both supps and from different brands. I mean some of them are like 30 or 40k. You can also use the search function if you´re looking for a review for a specific purpose.

So far I can confirm some positive results and I´m really glad I spent the money, which I don´t even have, on these :)
Ok, I got it, thanks:) I'd be really interested to read the thread dedicated to your results/reviews of taking those things.
I don't think I'm going to buy collagen or HA in the nearest future because there is no such a need, I was just a little bit surprised that HA can be used not only for skin care.

ZeemShahid

Hey there! I've actually tried hyaluronic acid for joint pain before and I have to say it really did help! I was hesitant at first because I had only heard of it being used in skincare, but it ended up being a game-changer for me. It's amazing how many different benefits there are to this stuff. Speaking of, have you ever considered med spa procedures? I've had some done at xxxxxxxx and they have really helped me with a few different health issues. It might be worth looking into!

spam removed by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuddles

Hey there! I've actually tried hyaluronic acid for joint pain before and I have to say it really did help! I was hesitant at first because I had only heard of it being used in skincare, but it ended up being a game-changer for me. It's amazing how many different benefits there are to this stuff. Speaking of, have you ever considered med spa procedures? I've had some done at xxxxxxxs and they have really helped me with a few different health issues. It might be worth looking into!
great! How long did it take for you to notice any effects? I am using 200 mg per day. Or did you get injections?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Never tried ha but collagen is a every day supplement for me. Either 15g at breakfast or 30min pre workout. Once ordered mine too late and did noticed it after 2 workouts that my knees started to hurt.
I got some recomendations that dsmo is also good for your joints but i have to try that on my own.

Cuddles

Never tried ha but collagen is a every day supplement for me. Either 15g at breakfast or 30min pre workout. Once ordered mine too late and did noticed it after 2 workouts that my knees started to hurt.
I got some recomendations that dsmo is also good for your joints but i have to try that on my own.
I´m taking both now and I take 2 - 3 teaspoons a day. It says 1 tablespoon / 10 g a day.
Apparantly it can take months to really notice any effects.

One thing I noticed already is that my posture seems to have improved somehow. This came as a total surprise. It feels as though the lower half of my back is more `straight and upright´ when I´m walking.
So this tells me that the stuff is working one way or another. I have no other explanation for this change.