What's new

HUMIDITY LEVELS IN GROW ROOM DURING VEG AND FLOWER

T

TheBatCave

Hey a bit of a newbie question
what is the optimum himidity levels during veg and flower?

can any one tell me ?

my plants are vegging atm 56% during the day & about 65 % at night

and what levels would be good during flower im going to get a dehumidifier and buy a better intake and extraction fan with higher cfm ratings will that fix the levels ?
:tiphat:

ozzieAI

Veteran
i have been successful in the past dealing with high humidity by using high air exchange...never used a dehuey...

those % don't sound too bad to me...in fact i would be very happy with them in my local...

V_MAN

For veg 40-70% RH is good, and 40-50% RH for flower is good when in the final stage of flower try keep it under 40%. But like AussieAI said if you have a high exchange of air going out you should be fine but a dehumidifier won't hurt. :)

TommyT

ICMag Donor
For veg 40-70% RH is good, and 40-50% RH for flower is good when in the final stage of flower try keep it under 40%. But like AussieAI said if you have a high exchange of air going out you should be fine but a dehumidifier won't hurt. :)

AND KEEP THE FAN ON! In Flowertime keep it on because the air has to move. Otherwise you have the risk of fungus. i had that problem with 40% RH but no fan running all the time...
When buds get fat let the fan run all the time! :)

4tokin

I can't give you numbers but in veg you want higher humidity and flowering I think it is around the 40 mark. You would be better looking in the indoor grow section where it is discussed regularly.
Also I would suggest getting a temp humidity data logger. You can get decent units of e.....y. My one you can set sample rates and levels to get the best picture of what happens in your grow space over a 24 hour period. You would be surprised at how temp and humidity spikes with general grow operations. This info can then be used to set run times for fans and dehumidifirers