What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

https://thefrontierpsychiatrists.substack.com/p/the-most-effective-depression-treatment?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=355550&post_id=1363

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've heard that more than once and it depends on who you talk to. "MOST EFFECTIVE DEPRESSION TREATMENT." Cognitive distortion therapy, Transactional Analysis, Light therapy and so on.

What is the most popular treatment for depression?
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac), and sertraline (Zoloft). These are usually the first-choice medications. Google

What was Albert Ellis's theory?
According to Albert Ellis and REBT, irrational beliefs are the source of psychological distress. Any irrational belief stems from a core 'should,' 'must,' 'have to,' or 'need to' statement. Ellis identifies three common irrational beliefs regarding demands about the self, other people or the world. Google

I could go on for the whole day writing about anti-depression theory, but I won't waste our time. So far depression is still flourishing even with all those super Doctors' bull sh-- they sell to get rich.