What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HPS rockwool heresy and a tent of freebies

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Sensi's NL would be really good if it had a different smell. It's hard to describe but I don't like it. It's like BW in being in the same area of unpleasant chemical smell. A lot of things I've made with NL5 in it have this sort of smell. But as a bush it has perfect natural structure and would be great for extract. Big, round, sturdy - could support more weight. I hope to try it as an ornamental along a driveway.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Sensi's Big Bud went 10 weeks and also has a chemical smell comparable to BW and NL, but a little stronger. Fuel mixed with Simple Green. Sensi calls it a sweet fruit profile.

Here's SC dry and defoliated. This should easily have the best aroma and flavor of the seven, better than any seed for sale I've tried except NL5xHaze. Because the bar is pretty low, really. It's not anything like dank. Mango with lemon and grass.

Unfortunately the buds are not as dense as they appeared, and destemming left me with only 70 grams of this:

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Yet another (this is getting weird) 625 g. grow. BB came out to 70 g, same as SC, but in a much smaller footprint.

BC went 3 months because the lower half refused to die. Foxtaily like GC but unexpected here. 125 g. So much for better pictures.

Dinafem does themselves no favor with the BW freebies, 50 g.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
GC was 180 g. - 3 more of them could have been grown instead of the other 6, with no other changes, for 720 g.

The great natural structure of NL is easier to see now. 105 g., but 150 would come with better light. This had the densest buds of the lot.