What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HPS in veg/LEDs in flower

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hi guys, I wanted to have some feedback from growers with a vegging and a flowering area who used different types of lights. I bought some Lumatek LEDs for my flowering area and I made the first grow from the beginning under this light with great result. For the next grows I used clones grown under 150w HPS as I used to do when I had a 600w HPS in flower but the shape of the plants was not as compact than the 100% grown LEDs ones, that's normal for a HPS vegged plants to be stretchy(I used this to my advantage in my HPS set-up) but it's not as effective with LEDs . I bought a small Mars Hydro 100w LED for my veg space now but I'd like to know what are your experiences with using LEDs all the way or mixed grow lights.
How did you organise your set-up if you have 2 grow spaces ?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi guys, I wanted to have some feedback from growers with a vegging and a flowering area who used different types of lights. I bought some Lumatek LEDs for my flowering area and I made the first grow from the beginning under this light with great result. For the next grows I used clones grown under 150w HPS as I used to do when I had a 600w HPS in flower but the shape of the plants was not as compact than the 100% grown LEDs ones, that's normal for a HPS vegged plants to be stretchy(I used this to my advantage in my HPS set-up) but it's not as effective with LEDs . I bought a small Mars Hydro 100w LED for my veg space now but I'd like to know what are your experiences with using LEDs all the way or mixed grow lights.
How did you organise your set-up if you have 2 grow spaces ?
IF you use them both as a combo they will double-kick ass.