What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to spot a Marijuana grower (from Illinois State Police website)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So the choices are clear. Trench foot, heat stroke or munched upon.

I had to buy a hat with net like a bee keeper one year. They are right to.. I got a camo one

good move. the mesh would make it difficult to ID you if you walked by a camera too...

St. Phatty

Is there something you can put in the water storage that stops mosquitoes from reproducing - without poisoning the bigger animals ?

My time at one outdoor (guerilla) spot is limited by my tolerance for getting bit. Every time I visit my guerilla spots, I come home with dozens of mosquito bites.

I have water stored in plastic garbage cans, and also some folded plastic tarps.

Mosquitoes = Good argument for storing all your water in sealed plastic bottles.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The hat I got worked well Phatty. I think they are aimed at fisherman. I was working what you might call a swamp, and they were having a very good year. Clouds of them almost. I was rather concerned, even with the hat, but not a single bite. They were constantly crawling over it, attracted by the co2.
I did my wrists with repellent and wore gloves as usual. I put on latex ones then gardening ones over the top. Then gave a spray around my ankles and base of my spine, just to cover all entry points.

It was, in all honesty, a horror film.
No fucker was going to find them though :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Reminds me of climbing up the jungle on a side of this waterfall off the Tsiribihina river in Madagascar - looking for orchids - and stepping in a Hornets nest - I've never moved so fast - after getting stung on the arse -

Cuddles

Reminds me of climbing up the jungle on a side of this waterfall off the Tsiribihina river in Madagascar - looking for orchids - and stepping in a Hornets nest - I've never moved so fast - after getting stung on the arse -

OUCH!!! So how long did you have to eat and sleep standing up?!
I´ve never been stung by a hornet (thank god) But I stepped on a wasp once that was already dead and I still got stung! Turned out I´m allergic ...

justanotherbozo

Veteran
5bc46606-99fa-421f-ae61-091b4d654415.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
OUCH!!! So how long did you have to eat and sleep standing up?!
I´ve never been stung by a hornet (thank god) But I stepped on a wasp once that was already dead and I still got stung! Turned out I´m allergic ...

it took quite a while before it didn't hurt anymore - and I was fearing some sort of necrosis - but it did manage to heal - after some very uncomfortable nights -

Lotto

Once I was hiking off the road/ beaten path in Carlsbad, and came into a clearing with a home-made hut, made out of sticks, pieces of plywood, etc.

And there was an Hispanic Gentleman there, holding a handgun which was pointing at me.

I said something like "Solo estoy caminando para ejerciso, no quiero problemas".

Treat them with respect ... works 99% of the time.

As for their need to use public land to grow pot ... if I was in their shoes, I might do the same ... but in a more desperate fashion.

It was one of the last pieces of wild land in North County San Diego.

All bull-dozed, with condo's and pill box homes, now.

I tried growing pot there myself, but did it stupidly.

5 gallon bucket in the middle of a field, with a nice Skunk Sativa.

What was I thinking.

Patty, "what was I thinking", I can't stop laughing.
Been playing this game on and off for 5 decades. Could write a book about "what was I thinking".

Drug tillers out of car trunks and over fences, carted cow innards into remote areas to deter deer, macheted through thick brush into small clearings, created small clearings and the list goes on. Thanks for the memories.

How about starting a "what was I thinking" thread?

George

I respond to that with “If I have nothing to hide, you have nothing to check for bitch” Lol