What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make carts?

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
I normally make edibles but this year with both my outdoor plants an indoor going to be ready around the same time(within a month of each other) I'm going to have at least a pound of sugar leaves/popcorn nugs so I figured it's time to make carts there's to many cheap/week edibles these days. Thanks in advance
IMG_20220717_125802941_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220718_175143110.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
If you like edibles you could make cobs. You'd then have the optio of either smoking it or just breaking a bit off and munching on it to get high.
Though I'd be using my primo buds.
if you've not tried cobs, they are strong.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I normally make edibles but this year with both my outdoor plants an indoor going to be ready around the same time(within a month of each other) I'm going to have at least a pound of sugar leaves/popcorn nugs so I figured it's time to make carts there's to many cheap/week edibles these days. Thanks in advance View attachment 18735012 View attachment 18735013
So do you know how to make carts? Or just dance lol

Once the oil is made, you dilute 1/1 with PG. If you don't, it will clog your cart. The oil itself, can be vaped using a straw.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The easiest way is to make some Rosin and add that to a cart. Adding terps can make the concentrates not so thick. Makes it easier to add them to the cart. This is a nice guide that will work. Making clean concentrates is the hardest part. Rosin is the cleanest if you don't have the right equipment.

Aceautos

I agree with hammer. Also if the rosin is derived from bubble hash or very clean flower rosin you can heat it and fill It directly into carts. This is a method without adding in terpenes or emulsifier/pg/vg whatever you want to call it. Much easier with bubble hash as it tends to be cleaner. Basically you heat around 200 to 230 for a half hour then drop that to around 150ish and it should stay as a liquid.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I made carts for friends a few years back. I had to go through a dozen different methods before I found one that worked but this method proved to be the best for me. The first 3 steps are the same that most do when they make carts. The final step is where mine stands out.

I pressed rosin from flower using a DabPress rosin press.

Then, I low temp press the rosin through the smallest bag. I think it was 25 micron. This cleans out the tiny particles.

Then, I decarb the rosin in a beaker on a hotplate. (240F for about 1/2 hour. Until the big bubbles stop)This thins it down a tiny bit.

Then.... OK, I know I am going to hear it for this but...... I put the equivalent of 1 drop of vodka per cart into the mix. This thins it just enough and it keeps it liquid. My carts never dried out. And, kids have been vaping vodka for years and hardly anybody dies. LOL One drop of vodka did the trick better than any other product I could find.

There's my recipe. Personally, I hate carts. I'm a joint smoker.

Aceautos

That's actually referred to as winterizing and separates the fats and lipids. I was going to mention that myself as a method to clean the rosin further. Your using such a small amount I doubt it matters been you can do a 1 to 10 ratio in something like ever clear (I use 200 proof grain alchohol but it's very expensive and turns back to 190 when exposed to air anyhow). Then you freeze it let unthaw and push through a .22 micron filter. Check out the blog section on thepressclub.co lots of great written articles on everything concentrates.
I'm not much into carts either. I prefer to use a dry herb Vaporizer or make/take tincture.

Latest posts

Latest posts