What's new

how to make a PVC intake?

broke

hi i was wondering if anyone has made a passive intake with pvc for a rubbermaid? how is it done? i would like to use 2 inch pvc elbow and mount it flush to the side (inside) of the tote; would i use a 2 inch hole saw or 2 1/4 inch? would i need to glue or tape it in place? i need to use a series of 90 degree elbows so outside light doesnt enter (it will look kinda like a periscope; elbow/length of straight pipe/elbow.
currently my intake consists of about 8 half inch holes drilled where your fingers would go when ya lift the tote but it sounds like a fuckin jet is taking off in my room; and all im using for exhaust is a 98cfm centrifugal fan from radioshack. thanks in advance for any help you can give.

the whole saw would work. i wouldnt go any bigger then 2 1/4" though. 2" should barely fit in so it would be easier to glue it. if you do make it bigger. that Great Foam stuff you can get could fill in the gap for you. As for gluing it, i would use epoxy.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
You could just take (2) 2 inch 90 degree PVC elbows, and just take a short piece of 2 inch pipe to join the two to make a "U". Drill a 2'inch hole to fit the 2inch pipe. Glue/foam it in place.

I would point the "u" down. And put it close to the floor.

just a thought.

superpedro

Veteran
P1010003.jpg

Seals your tube to the reservoir :)

broke

hey pedro thanks; what is the sixe of those? what sizes do they come in? can i find them at lowes or home cheapo?

superpedro

Veteran
I find them at aquarium/garden pond websites where I live(northern Europe), and I think the smallest is for 16mm tubes.
Try searching for "PVC fittings" ;)