What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Collect Pollen From Male Autoflowering Plants

I have read a lot about how people collect their pollen, store it, apply it to individual buds, whole plant, etc. I know there are a lot of good ways to do it. I just thought I came up with a very simple (KISS - Keep it simple stupid; My Motto for growing) method that really takes no skill at all. Remember, this is not supposed to be difficult, just some people like to make the simple things seem complicated, and they may seem like that to you until you try it!

So here goes.
First you have got your male plants. These are Lemon skunk and Great White Shark
12.jpg
Then shake them over a mirror or piece of glass, I happened to have a large black glass/mirror thing.
2.jpg
Then seperate all the plant meterial out of the mix
3.jpg
And then line up all the pollen with a razor blade
4.jpg
And then transfer into your storage device of choice. I do not need the pollen for very long, just long enough to pollinate the females growing at the same time, so I just put it in tin foil, wrap it up, label it and put it in a baggie.

Then to pollinate, I do whole plants, so I just put them in a home depot bucket together, put a lid/top on the bucket and pour some pollen in, blow it around and then leave to sit for a couple of hours.

I then spray it down with a spray botle full of water and return it to the flower room.

It really is that simple. No catches or hitches. I hope this helps someone who is not exactly sure where to start with their breeding.

Peace/Love/Joy

(Will someone tell me how to make these thumbnails, not links?)

i like the glass dish idea, but how to do collect it really, like I do with the razor blade? How do you get it into your container?

Peace/Love/Joy

two22s

i.d. cards work nicely if you dont have a flat mirror to catch the pollen. i collected on a plate and was able to bend the card with the curves in the plate. very very efficient.

Latest posts

Latest posts