Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Just wanna watch

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and legalization have behind it in Florida? This could be a big one, will it happen in 2020?

What say you? :good:

WelderDan

Veteran
I doubt it. The legislature already did their best to kneecap Medical. No homegrowing, only a few nurseries authorized to produce and a lot of restrictions. Pain isn't a qualifying condition. Hell, it took a lawsuit to force the state to allow smokable marijuana, and they are dragging their ass on that.

Even if it gets on the ballot and it passes, you can bet your ass the legislature will drag their feet, put all kinds of restrictions on it, like capping THC content, no growing, state licensed growers only, capping the amount you can buy.

This state hates cannabis and will fight tooth and nail to restrict it as much as possible.

iBogart

Veteran
I doubt it. The legislature already did their best to kneecap Medical. No homegrowing, only a few nurseries authorized to produce and a lot of restrictions. Pain isn't a qualifying condition. Hell, it took a lawsuit to force the state to allow smokable marijuana, and they are dragging their ass on that.

Even if it gets on the ballot and it passes, you can bet your ass the legislature will drag their feet, put all kinds of restrictions on it, like capping THC content, no growing, state licensed growers only, capping the amount you can buy.

This state hates cannabis and will fight tooth and nail to restrict it as much as possible.

The state actually loves cannabis. 71% pass for medical and a super majority support for adult use. It's big money interests that want to restrict it and they own the politicians.

WelderDan

Veteran
The state actually loves cannabis. 71% pass for medical and a super majority support for adult use. It's big money interests that want to restrict it and they own the politicians.

I'm talking about the legislature

iBogart

Veteran
I'm talking about the legislature

I hear ya. That's the problem with John Morgan's medical initiative. It gave all the authority over to the department of health to draft rules and regulations. Huge mistake. If he clearly outlined the regulations from the get go, it would have been much more difficult for the legislature to fuck with it. History now of course, but going forward with legalization, we need a lengthy and in depth description of the initiative so nothing can be questioned.

Right - the department of health had a whole different set of priorities than the people who voted for the med bill in the first place. So if the rec legislation doesn't have the rules and regs attached, everything the voters mean by voting "yes" may be mangled in the outcome, Why don't cannabis activist groups hire lawyers to draft proposed language for this legislation, so it means what we want it to mean?

Latest posts

Latest posts