What's new

How many decades until hallucinogenics are "accepted" by the masses.

carhartt

I had been feeling the increasing pressure of my professional job and hints of depression from being away from my core group of friends and decided I needed a good spiritual mushroom trip. A friend was in town and we each had around an eighth. It was a mild trip, took my dog for a walk in a park nearby, laid down in the forest to enjoy the quiet and I could feel the pain and bullshit of the world leaving and being replaced by ?? not really sure what. I guess I could call it a clean slate. Since then my spirits have been up and personal well being is overall better. Why are mushrooms illegal? I personally believe it is because mushrooms and other psychedelics cause you to look at the world from a different perspective (compassion??) and question the consumer driven, elite controlled world. The government and the ruling class of this country are deathly afraid of the masses questioning the current system and the massive acquisition of wealth by the top .1%.

Any comments?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
mushrooms are very refreshing if you are in the right mindset, they definately open your eyes to things that you didnt see before, and sometimes those realizations are too much for some people to handle. It for sure makes you take a second more negative look at the way our world runs, and it seems as if people who have never tripped will never escape their feebly mental realities...however if it is fully accepted by the masses there is potential for abuse.

i used to grow cubensis and trip almost every week, and coming from my experiance i would say that hallucinogens are better left where they stay. my mindset today is still affected by shroom trips i took when i was 16, and i think maybe i was a little too young at the time to fully comprehend how much they can afffect shit. I do shrooms maybe once every 3 years now....its not something i really look forward to because the outcome is never known. I have had the best trips turn into bad trips pretty quickly due to sudden realizations about life, sometimes it causes you to think toooo much.

C

cork144

picked aload of liberty caps last season, ate soo many and yea i described it as a clean slate also,

i think its now somthing ill be doing every season.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think we are too many decades off, I hope.

Having the freedom to expand one's conscious is the right of all free people and anything that says otherwise seeks only to imprison the mind for subjugation.

There's always method to madness. Just sayin' :D

alaskan

Why are mushrooms illegal? I personally believe it is because mushrooms and other psychedelics cause you to look at the world from a different perspective (compassion??) and question the consumer driven, elite controlled world. The government and the ruling class of this country are deathly afraid of the masses questioning the current system and the massive acquisition of wealth by the top .1%.
You're not the only one that feels this way...

Magic mushrooms can induce mystical effects, study finds

By Jeremy Laurance, Health Editor
Tuesday, 11 July 2006

A universal mystical experience with life-changing effects can be produced by the hallucinogen contained in magic mushrooms, scientists claim today.
Forty years after Timothy Leary, the apostle of drug-induced mysticism, urged his hippie followers to "tune in, turn on, and drop out", researchers at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore, Maryland, have for the first time demonstrated that mystical experiences can be produced safely in the laboratory. They say that there is no difference between drug-induced mystical experiences and the spontaneous religious ones that believers have reported for centuries. They are "descriptively identical".
And they argue that the potential of the hallucinogenic drugs, ignored for decades because of their links with illicit drug use in the 1960s, must be explored to develop new treatments for depression, drug addiction and the treatment of intolerable pain.
Of course they wouldn't want something this good to be available to us peons.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've seen enough weird shit for a few lifetimes via trip
(acid/shrooms/peyote) whenever the timing was right,
back from the mid 70s to 80s it was the thing to do, I
don't now, don't miss it at all either.

If it were legal then too many of the weak willed would
be talked into trying it, psyche wards would be filled.......

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
you can go and buy salvia in most smoke shops. what a crazy hallucination that shit gives you, gotta respect mother salvia... i tried the 10x once and it was the most intense trip ive ever had in my life. full out of body experience...

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I say everyone should be evaluated by a professional for these substances containing hallucinogenic properties, give them a script. There isn't that much potential for abuse with most hallucinogens.
Do it as professional as we can.. i suggest everyone scope www.erowid.org

:ying:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea salvia had me the most fucked up i have ever been. i remember losing my vision and my mind, i forgot who i was, what i was, what i was doing, then this envelope of black took over my vision and i felt like i was on a countryside in the middleages with smoke everywhere...the whole time it felt like an ocean breeze was blasting me in the face...and it only lasted a few minutes haha...never doin that again.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Of course they wouldn't want something this good to be available to us peons.

shroom trips in government labs? yeah that sounds like a recipe for a bad trip!

i can only do shrooms in nature..if i am confined to the house i usually just play video games and the trip isnt that interesting.

but once you step outside into nature its like you have suddenly transformed into a wild animal, you hear every bird chirp, every gust of wind, every little beetle in the ground...its fuckin crazy.

S

Speedcat

lol, I want to say trpping needs to be studied more when it comes to psi mushrooms. I had a trip after ingesting enough mushrooms to bring down aan army of elephants, and it seriously loosend some screws in my head I didnt want loosend. Like WICKED anxiety attacks for 2 years straight, my heart to this day feels completely different, i feel like theirs something wrong now. It was the most insane experience of my life tho. I was thinking like an alien with the intellegence of a thousand einsteins, but had no knowladge to make use of it for the hour I had it. I had a full Outer body expereince and complete sepperation of feeling from my body, Like I was standing behind it 5 feet away watching me make myself move. I did not like 4 hours of mind grueling, Paranoia like I had to die. I came to cope with dieng that night. I thought If I ate bred or drank water that the chlorine in it would act with the mushrooms and kill me. i was having split personalities, Uncontrollably seeing thw world from a seriel killers view, then a woman, then a blakc person, I cant describe it, I was not in my subconscious. It was like some one else was in my head and I was thinking threw them, multiple people, that fuckign scared me when i started loosing my i think, persona? I was but naked running around with a loaf of bread. thought about throwing the mushrooms up, but was so fucked up I thoguht throwing up would kill me. Mushrooms can be VERY scary and I think I would preffer not to have tons of people being out of their mind bonkers like me. aftre that trip I couldent drink tap water without having anxiety attacks for a year. Some times It will unscrew a good screw if you dont watch out...

WeedWizard

I think it will be a great many years before that happens. Generally people tend to listen too much to the bad scenario stories. We had a few incidents over the years in Denmark (trips gone wrong)

But lets start with legalizing cannabis, then we'll see what happens :)

Tweexican

at the moment Johns Hopkins is performing tests on the application of psilocybin producing mushrooms as medical treatment for people with cancer, terminal illness, and depression.

If it were legal then too many of the weak willed would
be talked into trying it, psyche wards would be filled.......

They were legal in the UK for a year or two before spring 2005 and i don't think the psych wards were any more full than were before and doubt the wards have been left with nothing to do since then.

The reason they are illegal is because young people take them because they're cheap and a great laugh and when out of the hundreds of thousands of funny harmless trips they have one person thinks he can fly and the tabloids run scare stories about the evil mushrooms etc etc

Load of bollocks, I'd put good money on those kids thinking they could fly simply because they've heard that's what happens when you trip. I've had plenty of psychedlics and plus 4 experiences and never once lost awareness of gravity.