What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Long does a Co2 Tank Last?

New Holland

I'm planning a large grow and heat is going to be an issue. I never considered using bottled Co2 because I think it would cost to much. Someone else told me they get one full grow out of one 31Kg tank, whick only cost $40 to fill. If this is the case I don't think it's that expensive. And will be a better way to go with my heat problem.

So do you use Co2 tanks?. If so, how big is your grow and how long does a bottle last?

stoney420

it depends on the size of the room a 20# tank here cost 17 bucks to get it filled and last 3-4 weeks depending on how much i use in a 2k growroom deffinitly worth the money for the extra yeild imo

G

How much of a heat problem do you have?A small burner like a cd-3 or cd-6 like I use doesnt create much heat when up high where it should be,you want 85 to 90 degrees at the canopy anyway.Just to give you an idea if you go with one a 20lb propane tank lasts me exactly 3 weeks give or take a day and supplies my room with 1500-1800PPM its 8 ft by 8 ft.So thats about 15 dollars every 3 weeks using a cap ppm3 along with the cd-6

New Holland

My room is 15x15'. And I have 8 Kw of lighting and 24k BTU's of cooling. Someone else told me there tanks lasts 6 weeks in a 7x8' room. If this is a true ballpark figure I'd just go with 2 tanks of Co2 per grow. It's $30 to fill a 8.5Kg LPG tank over here.

Last edited:
G

It depends on whcih size generator you have in the room as to how long a tank will last,damn bro thats double what I pay for propane bummer.The way it works with greenair propane generators is the cd-3 is for 300 cu ft,cd-6 for 600 cu ft,cd-12 for 1200 cu ft etc.

New Holland

I'm just thinking the Tanks of Co2 are more cost effective. 2 Co2 tanks for $80 compared to what ever is costs in propane. If I went with a CD-36 in my romm, how long would a LPG tank last?.

I've been told 1 31Kg Co2 tank will last one full grow in a 7x8' room. But I don't know if it's true. Has anyone else used bottled Co2?, I'm trying to work out How much Co2 I'd compared to how much LPG I would use.

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
For the flow meter setting, just choose a setting within the range of your flow meter to start with. Ideally you'll want to be able to reach the desired PPM within 5-10 minutes, so you can play with different flow settings to find the one that fits your setup best.

K

kokua

with a 15x15x8 room you will have to release .24 lbs of co2 to bring the levels from ambient to 1500ppm. Exactly how long the bottle will last depends on the frequency of co2 injection and the size of the c02 tank.

For example...if you boosted every 2 hours during lights on you would inject 5 times per day. So you would release the equivillent of 1.2 lbs of co2 per day. A 20 lb tank will last you 16 days, a 35 lb tank will last you a month and a 50 lb tank will last you 41 days.

If it were me...I would definately go with propane co2 generator...Burning 1 lb of propane yeilds 3 lbs of co2, therefore making it much more efficient to use propane as a co2 source; particularly for large rooms. The disadvantage is the production of heat and humidity.

G

I was going to say the smae,if you're thinking it'll be cheaper to use a co2 tank you definately mistaken,cant get real enrichment cheaper than propane or NG

Latest posts

Latest posts