What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How does Beer Augment the Plant Nutrient Value of Human Urine ?

St. Phatty

OK it came up in conversation, have to ask.

It's what gardeners talk about when they're drinking beer !

So it - the urine - is already full of Nitrogen.

Does the beer add anything positive ?

I feed the birds Phosphorus rich food and get extra P in their manure for the plants.

Thought it might be possible to augment the Nitrogen in the urine.

If not with beer, then maybe with Pomegranate juice or Pumpkin juice ?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'd rather compost the peels from making the juice rather than feeding pee to my plants. Altrough diluted pee from healthy humans can be used as a nute.
When outdoors, for sure I will not search for a bathroom when I can just spread some "love" around. Planning it, collecting and storing/using it seems a bit too much to me. But share some info on it if you try.

St. Phatty

I think there might be some things we can do with out diets,
to make our urine more useful to plants.

BUT there has got to be prior research.

Three Berries

Representative Chemical Composition of Urine​

• Water (H2O): 95%
  • Urea (H2NCONH2): 9.3 g/l to 23.3 g/l
  • Chloride (Cl-): 1.87 g/l to 8.4 g/l
  • Sodium (Na+): 1.17 g/l to 4.39 g/l
  • Potassium (K+): 0.750 g/l to 2.61 g/l
  • Creatinine (C4H7N3O): 0.670 g/l to 2.15 g/l
  • Inorganic sulfur (S): 0.163 to 1.80 g/l

Chemical Elements in Human Urine​

The element abundance depends on diet, health, and hydration level, but human urine consists of approximately:
  • Oxygen (O): 8.25 g/l
  • Nitrogen (N): 8/12 g/l
  • Carbon (C): 6.87 g/l
  • Hydrogen (H): 1.51 g/l

Chemicals That Affect Urine Color​

Human urine ranges in color from nearly clear to dark amber, depending largely on the amount of water that is present. A variety of drugs, natural chemicals from foods, and diseases can alter the color. For example, eating beets can turn urine red or pink (harmlessly). Blood in the urine may also turn it red. Green urine may result from drinking highly colored beverages or from a urinary tract infection. Colors of urine definitely indicate chemical differences relative to normal urine but aren't always an indication of illness.5

Higher sodium than I thought.

St. Phatty

I was kidding about the beer, but not about the Plant Nutrient value of Urine.

When you do the calculations - I pee 2 or 3 quarts a day ( Too Much Information ? ) - so that's about 5 pounds of Urine, and I weigh 180 pounds.

Of which about 80% is water, 144 pounds.

So every 29 days - about once a month - all the water in my body is recycled as Urine.

A process that has been going on for as long as Women & Men have walked the Earth.

So the water in our bodies just goes back and forth between storage locations like lakes and streams and the atmosphere, and plants that use it.

By Definition the urine from animals is a plant fertilizer.

Nature wouldn't work otherwise.

COSMIC, MAN.

Latest posts

Latest posts