What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do we increase the immunity of our body?

St. Phatty

I had a friend who takes Doxycycline for eye pain from LASIK eye surgery. It treats the inflammation somehow.

Which means he has ALMOST NO BACTERIA in his stomach.

Then he ate MRE's for 9 months during Covid19.

It wasn't pretty.

sneezydog

^^that sounds horrible. give the guy some yogurt...
And good to know, Gypsy. Good to be in control of the body. I have been enjoying cutting my carbs back hugely and have to work on having good veggie dishes that arent the same stir fry or eat raw...

St. Phatty

^^that sounds horrible. give the guy some yogurt...
And good to know, Gypsy. Good to be in control of the body. I have been enjoying cutting my carbs back hugely and have to work on having good veggie dishes that arent the same stir fry or eat raw...

He got VERY UPSET in December 2020 when there was some election related event in the Senate or House.

He emailed all the friends he thought were Democrats, and said things like, "You are a Communist. You are my Sworn Enemy".

Thought I hadn't voted for a Democrat, as a Democrat, since November 2004 (Kerry vs. Bush), I got lumped in with the other Democrats.

It was Funny, in a Dark way.

I think his emotional response was partially related to his very unhealthy diet & medical treatment.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I used to get sick a minimum of 4 times a year, every year. What's more, I would usually end up sick for over a month. That's a lot of sick days. :( I also used to eat just about any food I wanted, and I seemed to digest all of them just fine.

I have been sick maybe 6 times in the last 8 years, and most of those times I was sick for only a single day. Suuuuper tired, with a sore throat or suuuper achy flu feelings. A few times, when everyone has been sick with strep throat for weeks, I've had a sore throat for 30-45 minutes and felt a bit tired for half a day.

What did I change?

I changed how I choose my foods. Now when I choose my foods I look at several things. First I choose by my blood type, then I factor in the blood types of my parents, and last I factor in any personal experiences.

1. I research my foods by my blood type (use 'typebase5 < your food item>' search for online data), to find out if it is beneficial, neutral or avoid.
2. I look at the same food by my parents blood types, to see if it is an avoid food for either of them. Depending on my pH and the food item, an avoid for them may or may not cause an issue with me.
3. I remember personal reactions to the food, along with the conditions I remember I ate it in.

Now that my body is cleaned up... ANY time I eat what I am not supposed to, even when I am not aware it is in my food, I have issues with it.

This also means I can only buy 'food' from about 1% of any grocery store in Amuhrika. All the other 'foods' have ingredients no one should be eating, and our hospitals reflect the fact people DO eat all that garbage. :(

Not only do I rarely get sick these days... an entire page of health issues/uncomfortables went away.
Bowel movements are 5 minutes or less, and almost ghost poops.
I have no gut pain, constipation or diarrhea. I am not over/under weight, I have lots of energy, do not bruise or get hurt easily and am really, really healthy. lol

I use a LOT of cannabis.
I may rinse my hands frequently when dirty, but I only seem to use soap after touching things like garbage and raw meat.

St. Phatty

I may rinse my hands frequently when dirty, but I only seem to use soap after touching things like garbage and raw meat.

I wash my hands about 20 times a day.

e.g. after mixing pet food, if I want to use a Smartphone.

or after filling some plastic bottles with Slash fuel, if I want to re-load the water-pipe. :skiiing:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
How about the brushing of the tongue?

What Happens When You Skip Out on Brushing Your Tongue?

At night when you grab your toothbrush and are prepared to brush your teeth, are you ensuring you brush your tongue too? You should be!
Discover what could happen to your teeth, gums, and mouth when you don’t brush your tongue.
Your Mouth is a Breeding Ground for Bacteria

Not many people realize just how much bacteria is in the mouth. Scientists and researchers believe that there are over 700 different types of bacteria in the mouth.
Not all the bacteria that is found in the mouth is bad. Some of it is good and helps with your overall health, but a lot of it can be harmful. Brushing your tongue on a daily basis allows you to remove the harmful bacteria from your mouth before it can cause any problems.
Think of Your Tongue as a Sponge

When it comes to bacteria and your tongue, think of your tongue as a sponge. It absorbs the bacteria in the mouth. If the bad bacteria is left on the tongue, it can breed and multiply, which can cause numerous health and dental problems.
PROBLEM #1 — BAD BREATH
The most common problem that you will start to experience if you do not brush your tongue is bad breath. The bad bacteria in the mouth can start to give off a very foul smell and fight against keeping your breath fresh.
PROBLEM #2 — INABILITY TO PROPERLY TASTE FOOD AND DRINKS
If you leave the bacteria on your tongue, it will eventually start to form something that is known as a biofilm. That biofilm can block your taste buds which will dramatically alter how food and drink tastes.
PROBLEM #3 — TONGUE CAN DEVELOP A BLACK HAIRY APPEARANCE
Bacteria on the tongue is extremely sticky. Food and drink particles can get stuck on the bacteria. If it isn’t removed your tongue may start to develop a discolored appearance and look hairy.
PROBLEM #4 — YEAST INFECTION
A condition known as oral thrush, or a yeast infection, can develop when the bacteria in the mouth are left to multiple. The only way to treat a yeast infection on the tongue is to get a prescription for an antifungal medication from your doctor or dentist in.
PROBLEM #5 — ADVANCED GUM DISEASE
Gum disease, both minor and severe, is caused by the bacteria in your mouth. The bacteria can cause your gums to appear swollen, red, and irritated.
How to Brush Your Tongue

You have two options when it comes to brushing your tongue. The easiest solution is to use a dental tool known as a tongue scraper. This tiny handheld tool is like dental floss for your tongue. You take the tool, push it to the back of your tongue, then gently pull it forward through the mouth. This will remove any bacteria and biofilm that is forming on the tongue.
The other solution is to use your toothbrush. However, if you do choose to use your toothbrush, it is important that you follow a few simple rules so that you don’t spread the bacteria throughout your mouth.
Dentists recommend doing the following if you wish to use a toothbrush to brush your tongue:
  • Rinse your toothbrush under warm water before brushing your tongue, especially if you brush your teeth first.
  • Start from the back of your tongue and work your way forward
  • Brush your tongue gently so you don’t cause any injury to your tongue
  • Avoid hitting your teeth or gums with your toothbrush
  • Don’t vigorously rub your tongue with your toothbrush
  • Rinse your mouth out with warm water to remove any loose bacteria that may not have been properly removed by brushing
Your Dentist Will Be Able to Tell If You Skip Out On Brushing Your Tongue

During your next routine examination with your dentist, ask him or her to show you how to properly brush your tongue.

https://hancockvillagedental.com/what-happens-when-you-skip-out-on-brushing-your-tongue/

St. Phatty

How about the brushing of the tongue?

What Happens When You Skip Out on Brushing Your Tongue?

At night when you grab your toothbrush and are prepared to brush your teeth, are you ensuring you brush your tongue too? You should be!
Discover what could happen to your teeth, gums, and mouth when you don’t brush your tongue.
Your Mouth is a Breeding Ground for Bacteria

One option is to chew Xylitol Gum.

You have to be careful with it, it is poisonous for pets. Gives them instant diabetes.

Xylitol is a sugar that bacteria (and dogs cats and birds) can not digest.

So the bacteria starve & die.

Sort of like "antiseptic through starvation" instead of rinsing your mouth with alcohol.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Immunity is a double edged sword. Everyone thinks they want theirs as strong as possible. No you don't. You want yours functioning healthily. There is a huge difference. An overactive immune system is crippling.