What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do the ladies make clones??

L

LolaGal

Kell,

I use Peat Pucks (Jiffy pellets) and rooting hormone. 100% success so far with this method. Rapid Rooters should do well. RRs have a better pH.

I put em in a plastic tote and mist em every day when I look at them. Some take longer than others, but have had roots in 7 days with peat pucks.

Bottom line peat pucks EZ, cheap and work well.

L

LolaGal

Nirvana California Orange Bud cloning all over the place right now and Nirvana White Rhino.

The Rhino is slower.

California Oranges clones started 3 weeks ago are about twice as big as when I cloned them!

What are you trying to clone girl?

lordbudly

Veteran
lola may i ask what you use for lighting in your tote of magical clone-lyness, clone-lyness is next to cannagod- lyness

L

LolaGal

I just sit it on a shelf in the veg area. There are 2 400s in there about 8 feet away. There are clones in a big plastic tote with white lid and some in a Jiffy peat Green House dealy thing. Here's a pic. I think it shows clones in tote and underneath are the Jiffy greenhouses.

Some of the Rhinos I started around 3 weeks ago are still rooting, but they look good and were tiny cuts about 1-2 inches long.

Looked at the 2-24 clones and no roots yet on any, but looking perky. So they must like it in the plastic tote better than Jiffy greenhouse... This is Day 7. No roots tonite on new clones.

MzBloom

seems like everyone has their favorite method, and whatever works for you is your "best" method i guess....but Dr Bloom seems to be able to talk most stuff into rooting eventually, so here's what we do:

soak 2 inch rockwool cubes in pH adjusted water. squeeze out the excess.
poke a hole in it (the premade holes are too big).
with a razor, clip your clone. strip off any leaves that are too big or on the part of the stem you're "burying". cut the end at an angle with the razor and make a couple slits in the stem.
dip the end into water and then roll the last inch or so in rooting hormone and stick it in the hole in the rockwool.
put in a tray with a non-airtight cover in a warm place. if they get limp, spray with water. when the cubes get light, water them a little but don't soak them. ours get indirect sun and CFLs for light.

that's what Dr. Bloom taught me, and i recently started cloning myself. like i said, they pretty much all root eventually, though sometimes it takes a LONG time. weeks.
I can't post pics yet but I just took one of a just-rooted clone today and it's here in Dr B's gallery if you're interested: http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=2539&pictureid=29959
good luck!

L

LolaGal

Your clone looks really good Miz Bloom!

Here's a pic of one of my peat puck clones on Day 7!

Oh forgot to tell you Kell, I start them like Miz Bloom sez, but I take a razor and scrape the bottom stem to expose the underlayers for rooting purposes. Don't know if that helps, but I like to do it.

norcalkell

Lola, I've been trying to clone Pk. I've used rapid Rooter and rockwool cubes. I think I was cutting at 90deg and not at 45deg. With the rockwool i would presoak and I didn't sqeeze out the excess. Now with the rr plugs they rapidly dried out and I just received an ez-cloner. I cut some last night and I've already learned what I did wrong.. I did not put them in water during the transport from the shed to inside. I have over 19 strains and I need to clone, get ready for spring/summer and become self sufficient. I’m determined to get this down.

L

LolaGal

19 strains...cool..

Maybe one of the reasons mine are doing well then is that I cut one clone, seat it right into the peat puck...get another cutting...so on and so on..

I found they wilted a little when I cut off a branch and made multiple clones, so I quit that real quick.

Latest posts

Latest posts