Bio boy

Their fish hydrolysate npk is 2-4-1
their kelp hydrolysate npk is 0-0-1

how do they add them together in fish kelp hydrolysate and get 2-3-1

? it has gone up in no thing just gone down in p
that makes no sense to me surely the k should go up and nothing els

also why is their kelp 0-0-1 when online says kelp is 1-0-4

neptune said this but doesn’t really help

Those numbers are based on a lab analysis that is done for each product. When combining the two products the numbers aren't just added together, they need to be analyzed by a lab. Also, the seaweed concentrate used for the liquid mixture is a 0-0-1 as opposed to the 1-0-4 that you've referenced, so that would be a partial reason why the last number (Potassium) isn't effected as significantly. Please let us know if you have any other questions or we can help with anything else!”

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey that's a good question. Give them a call on their helpline and see what's up with those numbers because it doesn't make sense.

KIS

Their fish hydrolysate npk is 2-4-1
their kelp hydrolysate npk is 0-0-1

how do they add them together in fish kelp hydrolysate and get 2-3-1

? it has gone up in no thing just gone down in p
that makes no sense to me surely the k should go up and nothing els

also why is their kelp 0-0-1 when online says kelp is 1-0-4

neptune said this but doesn’t really help

Those numbers are based on a lab analysis that is done for each product. When combining the two products the numbers aren't just added together, they need to be analyzed by a lab. Also, the seaweed concentrate used for the liquid mixture is a 0-0-1 as opposed to the 1-0-4 that you've referenced, so that would be a partial reason why the last number (Potassium) isn't effected as significantly. Please let us know if you have any other questions or we can help with anything else!”
My guess is the fish hydrolysate is stabilized with phosphoric acid, which is allowed under NOP standards. Seaweed extract powder or liquid fertilizer will have higher K levels because it is stabilized with potassium hydroxide, also allowed under NOP standards.

Sasult

They probably round down for the label, since it is the guaranteed amount. It is probably not equal amounts of each, and other additives. With those conditions I can see it being that different.