What's new

how do i make lowryder/cross auto seeds???

chongsbuddy

Veteran
I have a veg room,a flower room,both ready to go,i have 10 lowryder#2 seeds and i have 12 ak47 seeds.to make Full auto seeds what do i do?do i cross a male ak with a female LR?or the other way around?do i have to backcross at all?i have the time,the seeds are for next summer.anyone who knows the answer to this please help me out!

chongsbuddy

Veteran
its regular ak.i was just at pickandmixseeds.com and they have joint doctor's easy ryder,which is fully auto ak47 female,then there is lowlife seeds which have a fully auto ak mnot fem'd,can i breed a female auto easy ryder with a male auto ak from lowlife?do you think that would produce good seeds?

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Start by crossing an autoflowering male to the best female you've got. The F1s probably won't express auto traits. You would then start incrossing i.e. select the best looking male and female from the F1, cross those, then take the best autoflowering male and female from F2 generation, cross those, repeat. It will take a number of generations of incrossing to get a stabilised autoflowering trait expressed in the progeny, some say up to F7, in some cases people have seen it locked in by F4. Some say to focus on locking the autoflowering trait first, then in sucessive generations try and lock down phenos you like, and eliminate the non-THC trait or the over-leafy trait for example.

It will take until a bit longer than next summer, unless you get real lucky. You could have F2s/F3s/F4s ready by next summer to continue the project outdoors though.

There is also an Auto AK out there, though, which begs the question, why would you put so much time and effort into working a different Auto AK line?

CraftyApe

Let me just preface this by saying I really am not trying to be a pedantic dick by asking this, but wouldn't it just have been easier to have purchased the auto-AK seeds from someone rather than putting yourself through the hassle of trying to make your own stable cross? You seem to be treading ground that is well worn already. I am not criticizing at all, I think it sounds like fun. I will cross two totally different and dissimilar strains just to see what happens, so I am down with fun time experimenting but you mentioned having a flower room and a veg room and prepping for next summer. Wouldn't it save you some time to buy some of the genes that are what you are working toward and just do a couple of seed runs? I mean you can produce thousands upon thousands of seeds that are good to go for your stated purpose in the same period of time that it will take to stabilize your own version.
Heh and here I was saying that I was trying not to seem pedantic.
Anyway, just my two cents.

Crafty

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i just wanted a strain i could have ready to sell by august 15th,when it is at its dryest(no pot around)a couple hundred plants would give me like 10 pounds.im just going to try to cross a female Easy Ryder(Lowryder#2/AK47,fully auto)with an automatic White Moscow(Lowryder/White Russian,fully auto)that should work should'nt it?I dont mind your advise at all,i actually plan to make some earlier crosses for next summer,and next summer.I am really excited about Dr Greenthumb's Iranian Short Season fem,its done in august and its not an auto,its just really photosensitive.Its clonable under strong 24 hour light.So anyway,back to what i was saying,do you think those two strains will make a fairly good cross?i thunk it would almost be an F1 hybrid,what would that cross be,and what would you use for the female?

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
If you just want a shitload of auto seeds, either make a new generation from the Lowryders you've got, or buy one more pack of Auto AK/Diesel/whatever and make seeds from those.

It will be miles less effort, and still good fun, and you will end up with more auto seeds than you know what to do with.