What's new

Hotel recomendations

J

JackTheGrower

I have booked the Air travel.

I'm at a loss to scan all the posts again so I hope to get some recommendations on a Hotel.

I have the Van Cleve in mind from the 15th to the 25th. It's serious coin.

So if you have other recommendations I would appreciate the information.

Smoke friendly, private bath and I would like a heated pool.

The private bath is the absolute minimum.

Experienced visitors may know whats better/best.

Thanks

Jack

Jack

neuroherb

Glad to read it was useful to you jack forgive the lateness of the reply often stoned and rarely remember where I put my head never mind what I have posted. :joint:

J

JackTheGrower

NP

I just wonder about the prices of these hotels.. Man this is some expensive room rates and it looks like it's easy to book a dive at high prices.

I guess I'll have to get to know Amsterdam a bit to understand the hotel game better.

J

JackTheGrower

This is the hotel I stayed at last year is just past the leidsplein and smoker friendly they just ask you open the window stop the alarm going off.
http://www.quentinenglandhotel.com/

Relatively cheap but Amsterdam is expensive for above 3 star hotels

I'm looking at the Park Plaza http://www.parkplaza.com/amsterdamnl_victoria because it seems to be an easy first timers place..

Across for the train, close to most things..

I was reading they charge for breakfast whether you eat it or not.. I guess i can get unused breakfasts removed from my bill. That's odd that there is an extra charge at the rates they are getting for the rooms.

The pool seems to be next door and they charge for it..
Mini bar is expensive.. They demand $400 if you smoke in non smoking rooms/floors as damages.

But mostly the reviews are good.

I'll have a look at where you stayed. I'm not an owner of a "Real Credit card" so I'm doing my best to book something. I've been off the credit grid 15 years now.. I have no credit not bad credit no credit.

Jack

J

JackTheGrower

That's more the price that would be fair but, they are fully booked a couple nights for my stay.. I'd need to find a place to be two different nights.

I wondered if there were any hotels in a reasonable range. The $300 and $400 a night stuff is off the chart expensive.

Well next trip I will plan better.

Thanks for the tip tho..

neuroherb

What you need to do is a search for 2 star hotels and apartments as they will be in the price range of 50 euro plus or minus a tenner per night. I used to book using a friends debit card but the one I gave the link for I paid cash on arrival and actually same with the apartment. You should be able to do it without a credit card just if you don't get there by check in time you risk losing your booking.

Try doing a search for addrians apartment in the Jordaan that was 70 euro a night but supposed to be non smoking.

Best of luck as you have found booking late at this time of year means a lack of rooms since there is a few events happening in Amsterdam during April. Hopefully someone else wil have more help for you.

J

JackTheGrower

What you need to do is a search for 2 star hotels and apartments as they will be in the price range of 50 euro plus or minus a tenner per night. I used to book using a friends debit card but the one I gave the link for I paid cash on arrival and actually same with the apartment. You should be able to do it without a credit card just if you don't get there by check in time you risk losing your booking.

Try doing a search for addrians apartment in the Jordaan that was 70 euro a night but supposed to be non smoking.

Best of luck as you have found booking late at this time of year means a lack of rooms since there is a few events happening in Amsterdam during April. Hopefully someone else wil have more help for you.

Indeed.. i just decided on the spot reading about the cup to go.
Thanks for the help.

Jack

J

JackTheGrower

Thanks everyone for your support and information.

I have booked at the Linda so it actually meets my minimum requirements at a reasonable ( ahem ) price.

I'm not sure how close to things it is but I don't mind a walk.

Jack

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I really like the RHO, a lovely old building just off Dam square, cool not corporate, hard to get anywhere more central, just 15M down a quiet sidestreet and under E100/night, excellent buffet breakfast open for hours ......eat all the crispy bacon you want :)

http://www.rhohotel.com/index.html

No real mention of the huge piles of excellent bacon on the website, so just trust me about that.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
you could all save yourselves a fortune and stay in any number of the small towns around Amsterdam. Fair play though, it's probably more trouble than it's worth if you think you'll struggle to remember/find it :wink: a good tip whereever you're staying is to have the address written down and take it with you. It's much easier to have a local read an address than it is to struggle with prounciation of things like "achterzijds voorburgwal" :smile:

J

JackTheGrower

No doubt JamieShoes..

Trying to book through a travel agent here was $1000 over the worst price I had found at the Van Cleve...

Show ya that truth..

I will be happy to be safe and close... Not too dumpy, not trashy.

My first time.
I will be taking notes.

Jack

41 & 1/2 hours left till that Big Bird to Cannabis Mecca.

Saseydon

Hotel recomendations

HelloWe have been quite disappointed when looking at various comments about lodgings in Bergama. Thats the reason why we prefered to stay in Izmir and book a day trip from there. We are still worried about the possibility of a transfer from Izmir Otogar and our hotel Crowne Plaza...As far as Urgup is concerned, we finally decided to book in Selcuklu Evi.In Istanbul, we have booked in our favourite hotel "Dersaadet" we we stayed last year.Thanks vm for your kind contribution

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts