What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Horrible disease...

Pooshec

Hello there,

Would anybody be able to identify what is eating up my plants please. I thought its something fungal and used a fungicide on them twice quite early with first symptoms, but that didn't help, disease persists and one of plants is almost completely ruined, other two caught that sh!t as well, and are gradually (pretty fast) losing healthy leafs that turn patchy and brittle.

Many thanks for input.

horrible.png

Looks like nutrient lockout to me, not a disease or fungus. Testing the ph and ppm of your run off would help you track the reason for it. What are your temps and humidity like?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Your flowers look very good considering they have a ways to go, but your leaves look like crap. Check your pH and make sure you’re using Cal mag. It’s definitely a deficiency.

Pooshec

Hello,

Thanks for the input. Can't check the pH at the moment, I water them carefully as it goes, so no effluent sample handy. RH is 40 %, temps are 24 C with light on, 19 C with light off.

Growing in 7 liter pots, and I always add and mix 2 handfuls of dolomite for each pot along with BioBizz Light Mix and perlite. Never seen anything like this before, did a dozen of grows so far at least indoors using this mix.

I did some more research, seen some pictures and believe it might be a potassium deficiency.

I fed them very gently from the start, mostly with organic stuff and just a bit of NPK. I foliar sprayed them just now, with a weak solution of liquid mineral fertilizer (7-7-7 plus micro) in case that there is in fact a nutrient lockout in the soil. It is probably far too late now anyway, but perhaps it will at least halt the progression of it, I hope. Shall see in few days.

Cheers.

Hello,

Thanks for the input. Can't check the pH at the moment, I water them carefully as it goes, so no effluent sample handy. RH is 40 %, temps are 24 C with light on, 19 C with light off.

Growing in 7 liter pots, and I always add and mix 2 handfuls of dolomite for each pot along with BioBizz Light Mix and perlite. Never seen anything like this before, did a dozen of grows so far at least indoors using this mix.

I did some more research, seen some pictures and believe it might be a potassium deficiency.

I fed them very gently from the start, mostly with organic stuff and just a bit of NPK. I foliar sprayed them just now, with a weak solution of liquid mineral fertilizer (7-7-7 plus micro) in case that there is in fact a nutrient lockout in the soil. It is probably far too late now anyway, but perhaps it will at least halt the progression of it, I hope. Shall see in few days.

Cheers.

I think too much calcium locks out potassium. In all likelihood, you have plenty of K in the soil. The leaves that are still green look well fed. Adding more might make it worst. If that was my plant, I'd try running water through the pot for a good 3 minutes or so. Then a light amount of immediately available nutrients. A little reset in the soil. I wouldn't foliar spray anything because the leaves are damaged.

Also, If your water is like mine, it comes out of the tap around 9pH. Cannabis sucks up calcium in that range at the expense of others.

CancerousTerpz

PH ISSUE
20240215_123956.png

LIGHT BURN
Light and Excess Manganese:

NUTE BURN
20240304_153459.jpg

CONSULTANT FUCKUP
20240304_154302.jpg

NON-CANNABIS NUTES MARKETED AS CANNABIS NUTES
20240304_154544.png

In other words, Cannabis is a Manganese sensitive crop and trace minerals are all the rage now. Somehow the repackaged nute industry thinks insane trace mineral ratios for some random ass crop are somehow compatible with a Mn sensitive heavy metal hyperaccumulator.

And potheads are confused about it.

Why are potheads showing other potheads photos of Manganese toxicity, and calling it deficiency?

So they can sell you magic Calimag balance bottles? So the Cannabis gene pool and product quality keeps deteriorating while nute runoff/waste goes higher and higher?

"Although not all individuals develop identical signs, the most common are slow and clumsy speech disturbances, masklike face, tremors severe depression, anxiety and hostility"

Manganism is a horrible, devastating disease. Maybe all these "breeders" with their nba hats and gnome beards should start growing in low Mn soil instead of selecting for a Manganese sponge? Nevermind the whole MVA vs MEP issue. Not that it matters when the Cannabis industry no longer believes in Cannabis flavors, Cannabis effects, medical values etc. Things no longer associated with Cannabis.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
you know how hard it is to overdose on micros?

his leaves are all showing a K def not manganese btw...ask me how i know...ask me...
View media item 18714593
theres hardly anything yall can show me i haven't already had and recovered from.

the short answer is his plants are growing faster than the medium can supply food, or hes feeding too much of something and locking out nutes. but based on how far they got before this happened. most likely cause is sudden intense light or a wild pH swing.
solution assuming ph is right is add a little more magnesium. magnesium is the sugar that helps the medicine go down. without enough magnesium everything else slows down.

you know how hard it is to overdose on micros?

his leaves are all showing a K def not manganese btw...ask me how i know...ask me...
View media item 18714593
theres hardly anything yall can show me i haven't already had and recovered from.

I guess my concern is he's been applying nutrients and foliar sprays and things have only worsened. Flushing for a few min and applying light nutrients can save the plant. But if you're wrong, your advice could kill his plant. Your plant looks like lockout too tbh. It's rare to just have a deficiency in just one nutrient and not have it be pH or too much of another. Not trying to argue with anyone, just offering my advice and expressing concerns. I've only grown 5 plants so far and on my second photoperiod so I'm open to being just flat wrong.

Latest posts

Latest posts