What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hopar Valley, The Real Seed Company RSC

BigNasty

Got started on some Hopar Valley, been excited to grow these for a while, bought a 12 pack off of RSC website, and 12/14 seeds germinated, seedlings also seem in good health, they do like to stretch compared to my other ones, and I have two 3 leaf seedlings (whorled phyllotaxy)!! Any info or experience with this landrace would be great! :greenstars:

IMG-6442.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you germinate a single seed in a single cup you would have more success. Growing a lot of plants in one cup will cause the plants to compete and lose hybrid vigor. When transplanting a bunch of plants into larger pots the roots are damaged when the roots are untangled. Either way. Keep us posted friend.

BigNasty

If you germinate a single seed in a single cup you would have more success. Growing a lot of plants in one cup will cause the plants to compete and lose hybrid vigor. When transplanting a bunch of plants into larger pots the roots are damaged when the roots are untangled. Either way. Keep us posted friend.
Thanks for the tip man! have them like this due to spacing, only way I can do pheno hunting/seed production with enough plants

here are the plants up to date as of now, transplanted maybe last week? recently, memory is hazy, but plants seem to be doing well, they have gotten more stretchy had to support them with sticks

image_6487327.JPG
image_6487327 (1).JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I see what you are saying now and they look, good friend. If the Sun gets too hot for your plants you can wrap some shade clothe around the plastic containers to help keep the soil cooler.

Just for fun, place a thermometer next to your plants and watch it hit 100f or 37c on a cool day. Thanks for sharing your work and keep us posted friend.

BigNasty

I see what you are saying now and they look, good friend. If the Sun gets too hot for your plants you can wrap some shade clothe around the plastic containers to help keep the soil cooler.

Just for fun, place a thermometer next to your plants and watch it hit 100f or 37c on a cool day. Thanks for sharing your work and keep us posted friend.
I had a HPS running on these plants during the winter for the heat, but just switched to LED since the days here in socal is just starting to get warm in my grow, I'm going to try out using a white see through tarp to keep them cool under the sun! and Ill start to keep one around thanks for the suggestion

BigNasty

Jo Jo
Will take a seat and make me flat on the couch. :cool::smoker:
Wish you a lot of healthy plants and a Girl (boy) you will like. Perhaps for some F2´s? or a Pheno to keep.
Hey my man!! depending on how the high/aroma are from these plants definitely make some F2's, It'll be a while before they flower, we are barely starting the growing season! :smokeit:

BigNasty

Heres an update on the hopar plants, got rid of the least vigorous plants out of the bunch, only got 2 males out of the entire group rest were females, the females have great structure got high hopes, one male (5) has long internode spacing and the second (1) is more compact but it has been trying to pollinate ever since its sex was shown, going to try to reveg to cut both and clone for seeds :dance:

image_67549953.JPG
image_67561217.JPG
image_67507201.JPG
image_67538945.JPG
image_67523329.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts