What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honey in water?

Risky

Does anyone use honey as a root stimulator and if so how much? I’ve heard great things about honey for your roots. I’ve use molasses before but want to see if there is a difference

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Super question friend. One half a teaspoon per gallon will feed the microbes plenty for indoors. Some people use cane sugar too however one has to be careful not to attract ants indoors. If you are outdoors then you can double the amount with every watering. Keep us posted friend.

Risky

Super question friend. One half a teaspoon per gallon will feed the microbes plenty for indoors. Some people use cane sugar too however one has to be careful not to attract ants indoors. If you are outdoors then you can double the amount with every watering. Keep us posted friend.
Thank you for the answer, is there a pest repellent you use would recommend if I start using honey? I’ve heard a lot of different ones but I don’t want one that is going to be harmful to the plant or mess up the terp profile

Three Berries

A good ant bait and killer is sugar and borax mixed where they can get to it. They will take it back to the colony and wipe out millions of the billions. Not to be used on the plants of course.

Risky

A good ant bait and killer is sugar and borax mixed where they can get to it. They will take it back to the colony and wipe out millions of the billions. Not to be used on the plants of course.
Alright I’ll definitely have to try it. Should I put it out just in case ants do come or should I do it only if they come so I don’t drag them in

Three Berries

Alright I’ll definitely have to try it. Should I put it out just in case ants do come or should I do it only if they come so I don’t drag them in
I use a small plastic lid with the near liquid paste in it where they can walk and find it. They can travel quite far. And you are already baiting them.

Around me it's little brown ants. About a month ago I saw a swarm coming out of a crack in the concrete driveway. Then a couple weeks see them in the house. I put it outside in a couple places and one on the counter top. Takes a couple of days once they find it. It will not clean out a colony though but after a while they quit coming around.

Toxic to pets too.