What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras/Panama feminized-Day 81 Flowe

Nannymouse

420giveaway
For me, if not counting from flip...i would feel like i was about to run a race without knowing where's the starting line.

Seems that back when i grew a sample of the Cohiba (x?)...it wanted to reflower. Cannot recall what daylight hours it was set. I think that was the first time that i saw that. Except there was a widow x NL that was always putting on new pistols, probably something that i was doing wrong.

It would be interesting for me to see how the HondurasPanama would compare with the CohibaX in a side by side...or even how they would cross.

BuckeyeGreen

If there was an agreed upon standard of what a plant looks like when flowering actually starts, then you’d be able to determine when the harvest window is if the breeder is also using that standard when stating the harvesting range. Anyway we are getting bogged down between with being “technically accurate” of when flowering really starts and the agreed upon current standard.

Currently the standard is that flip is the start of the flowering phase of the grow. The plant doesn’t instantly start to flower when the light schedule changes. The plants internal biology probably starts to change but there are no outward signs like pistils showing quite yet.
So the standard is that when the light schedules changed, the flowering phase begins. I’m sure Ace used that standard when it stated 12-13 weeks flowering for the Hondura/Panama fem.
This plant, at day 82 from the start of flowering, the flip, being nearly 12 weeks into flower already, is not going to make that 12-13 week harvest window. That’s fine and there is nothing wrong with that. I’m only growing this one H/P but if I were growing four or five of these and they all finished at 16 weeks or so, then I’d say the 12-13 week range was not accurate.
I’m sure the 12-13 week range is the average time most of the plants from this strain finish. I’m also sure there are plants that finish in ten weeks. It’s expected and normal. This grow might be informative for some people to learn though that these plants from this strain can go a long time and to be prepared for that.

BuckeyeGreen

Yes I agree that it wasn’t quite there at that point. The point is though that the start of flowering time is established as the date that the light cycle is changed. Trying to determine when a plant “technically“ starts showing signs of flowering is an interesting topic but ultimately not important for the average grower.

It’s established knowledge and practice that it is practical for the average grower to use the changing of the light cycle as the start of the flowering CYCLE. We could break down the veg. cycle and the flower into several categories if we wanted to be technically accurate, I’m guessing.

We could say and this is just spitballing, that the first 14 days from changing the light cycle is the PRE- flower stage. Stage two could be called the stretch and early flowering stage, three could be budding up cycle and on and on.
That’s why it is easier for growers to use two cycles because we all know how growers are.

If there were, let’s say eight technically accurate cycles in a complete grow. We’d beat a dead horse and have arguments and debates until the end of time over each cycle about when each cycle really starts and ends. We’d argue over what a plant does and does not look, smell and act like in each cycle. It would be endless, there would be fights and name calling. It would be one endless cluster fuck.🤺

BuckeyeGreen

695USD to 420USD, that is really a big drop. :oops:

Plants look pretty good so far, wish you could get what you want regarding the yield.
Yes it is a HUGE drop. 🙈🤬I don’t know if the drop is as big as my jaw drop when I saw it. Initially I was furious but there was nothing I could do about it and I had considered it a good buy before the price drop because it performed so well, so I eventually got over it. Still pissed about it but it’s a great light and it’s now a real bargain for growers, so I decided I’d recommend it to help out growers in need looking for a great deal.

My loss is their gain and with a 120 day money back guarantee, it’s a no brainer. I’m not going to deny other growers the opportunity for a great deal just because I felt like I got the shaft. I could come on here and trash the company and vent my disappointment but hey it’s their business and they can change prices and charge whatever they want.

I do feel it would have been nice for Grow Light Science to go the extra mile, contact me and say something like, thanks for buying our 640 light recently and we wanted to contact you and let you know we are reducing the price on that light drastically. To make up that difference we’d like to offer you a 15% discount on your next purchase from us.

Instead they sent me an email showing the light and telling me about the new great deal they were offering on it. They showed the price and I felt like they were rubbing my nose in the fact that I got shafted. People are so unaware these days that it shouldn’t have surprised me but that totally unaware behavior still shocks me. Like I said though there is no use crying over spilled milk, a great deal is a great deal, so take advantage of it if you are shopping for a light in that category. It is a great light in the end.

BuckeyeGreen

I taped 2 king size cigarette filters on the end of about a .75 gram joint. I also taped the two filters to each other. I smoked about .5 grams. One photo of the joint and a clean filter and another that also shows filters box.
Great high by the way. Very smooth smoke. Photos a little frightening.
Tap the thumbnail and then click on the larger photo to zoom.

Attachments

• FEBFCD2C-9432-45BA-999F-CFFE5B0880B2.jpeg
    FEBFCD2C-9432-45BA-999F-CFFE5B0880B2.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 0B197391-1B1B-4BE7-BD8A-AA313A47EC9A.jpeg
    0B197391-1B1B-4BE7-BD8A-AA313A47EC9A.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yes it is a HUGE drop. 🙈🤬I don’t know if the drop is as big as my jaw drop when I saw it. Initially I was furious but there was nothing I could do about it and I had considered it a good buy before the price drop because it performed so well, so I eventually got over it. Still pissed about it but it’s a great light and it’s now a real bargain for growers, so I decided I’d recommend it to help out growers in need looking for a great deal.

My loss is their gain and with a 120 day money back guarantee, it’s a no brainer. I’m not going to deny other growers the opportunity for a great deal just because I felt like I got the shaft. I could come on here and trash the company and vent my disappointment but hey it’s their business and they can change prices and charge whatever they want.

I do feel it would have been nice for Grow Light Science to go the extra mile, contact me and say something like, thanks for buying our 640 light recently and we wanted to contact you and let you know we are reducing the price on that light drastically. To make up that difference we’d like to offer you a 15% discount on your next purchase from us.

Instead they sent me an email showing the light and telling me about the new great deal they were offering on it. They showed the price and I felt like they were rubbing my nose in the fact that I got shafted. People are so unaware these days that it shouldn’t have surprised me but that totally unaware behavior still shocks me. Like I said though there is no use crying over spilled milk, a great deal is a great deal, so take advantage of it if you are shopping for a light in that category. It is a great light in the end.
they wanted you to buy more but didn't feel your feeling about the huge price drop. :oops:

Anyway, we can imagine that they get more than 40% profit from a single light. o_O

BuckeyeGreen

Yes everybody is making huge profits these days. Back when I was in retail we called it 40 points or in other words that was a standard retail mark up. The world has gone WAAAAY past looking for a 40% mark up.
Hundreds of percentage points mark up is what many businesses and individuals are looking for these days. The greed beast was really unleashed starting in the eighties when all manufacturing started moving to third world countries. Where slave labor was easily found, materials were super cheap, environmental laws were lax or non- existent, worker’s rights don’t exist and people just don’t care as long as they can still get all their shit cheap. Human rights were frequently violated. Out of sight out of mind.
You can make a lot of money if you don’t care about people.

Last edited:

BuckeyeGreen

End of week 12-Day 84
This is my first grow with the Grow Light Science 640 watt bar led light. I’m wondering if this spectrum might be prolonging the maturation of this plant. Zoom in and tell me how much longer you think this has to go. I’ve done one sativa only grow about ten years ago. So I’m not very knowledgeable about how sativas grow but this looks like it’s got several more weeks. What do you think?

Attachments

• 216800FF-8237-4341-A8C9-150D688C57BC.jpeg
    216800FF-8237-4341-A8C9-150D688C57BC.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 51D4BFAA-62AF-45C5-AC1A-DEB593B12ADE.jpeg
    51D4BFAA-62AF-45C5-AC1A-DEB593B12ADE.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 5214526D-107F-4769-94D5-5F8C2679DA3C.jpeg
    5214526D-107F-4769-94D5-5F8C2679DA3C.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 7743C9A1-6A01-4768-9CFD-F72EA919A5A0.jpeg
    7743C9A1-6A01-4768-9CFD-F72EA919A5A0.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 46
  • 7153978F-1835-4148-9042-40A868A19ADA.jpeg
    7153978F-1835-4148-9042-40A868A19ADA.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 31
  • 7063A8F5-3B9B-4158-9B91-84A59D0E87F6.jpeg
    7063A8F5-3B9B-4158-9B91-84A59D0E87F6.jpeg
    8 MB · Views: 47
  • 07C578FB-6DA2-4585-8582-70FB719E69F0.jpeg
    07C578FB-6DA2-4585-8582-70FB719E69F0.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Plants and flowers look great. I think you have some weeks until maturation, plenty of fresh pistils saying it still has more to do. Nice job man and the light is certainly producing healthy flowers. Cheers

BuckeyeGreen

Thanks skunkfunk. I think the light is great but I give a lot of credit to LC’s Soilless Mix #2 and recipe #1 in the Organic Grower’s thread. BurnOne’s TUTORIAL Organic’s for Beginners in Organic Soil in the Cannabis growing section here on ICMAG.

I followed directions like I was baking a cake and it worked like a charm. Only added RO water the whole grow. That soil mix made for the easiest grow and one of the most successful grows I’ve ever had. No health or bug issues with the plant at all. It’s looked healthy from the start to now. The RO water also makes things easy.

It has actually been, other than enjoying watching the plant grow, very boring. I don’t have to do anything. I give it some water, look the plant over thoroughly a couple days a week checking for bugs or the first signs of fungal disease, once in awhile adjust the tied up branches and that’s it. Usually the day after I have watered her and inspected her, I open the tent, look at her for about ten seconds and that’s it for the day. That’s usually about 4 days a week. It’s on auto grow. I feel like a neglected spouse, my plant doesn’t need me!😭

Last edited:

BuckeyeGreen

I’ll post a few photos each day until harvest. We’ll watch it mature together. Tap the large photo to zoom and move around with finger to look at the whole plant.

Attachments

• 170FB41F-C564-4A32-9C0D-BF205D4870F8.jpeg
    170FB41F-C564-4A32-9C0D-BF205D4870F8.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 2FE59CE1-7C40-4CCF-9F57-8FB02B324D13.jpeg
    2FE59CE1-7C40-4CCF-9F57-8FB02B324D13.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 98E56CF8-25EA-4B58-A0B6-059D9BE32D26.jpeg
    98E56CF8-25EA-4B58-A0B6-059D9BE32D26.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 45

BuckeyeGreen

I was going to post photos everyday but it doesn’t change much day to day. The photos would pretty much look the same everyday. So I’ll post photos when it’s clear there is a change.
So keep watching and in the end there will be, plenty of photo, yield numbers and a smoke report.✌️

El Timbo

consider this when growing 100% sativa's:
Veg time 2-3 weeks (2 week at 12/12)
(now to shorten flower time do this: put plant in a 24-36hr dark time before flipping to Flower)
Flower with 11on and 13 off (11/13)
Also consider to stop using "N" once in flower - sativa's are really sensentive to 'N" - or verylow rate once in flower
One doen't need long veg times for 100% sativa's (landrances, heirloom, ect)

11 week in veg ????? way too , too much

From seed I like to wait until after pre flowers have appeared - I may be wrong but i think a sexually mature plant will produce better buds.

BuckeyeGreen

So you like to stay in the veg stage until pre-flowers appear and then you change the light cycle? Am I understanding you correctly? If so, how many days does it generally take for pre-flowers to appear from seed? I like your idea. It makes sense.

El Timbo

So you like to stay in the veg stage until pre-flowers appear and then you change the light cycle? Am I understanding you correctly? If so, how many days does it generally take for pre-flowers to appear from seed? I like your idea. It makes sense.

yes that's right - usually around 8 weeks