Honda CBR RR FireBlade, not for the limp wristed

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
this is once serious piece of kit
it will rip your arms off and beat you up with them if you don't respect her
but treat her right and she'll blow your mind
after being on the 600 supersports for a while I've had my eye on a 1000, initially I liked the R1
but then Honda decided to release a Repsol race rep 1000 RR Blade thats just driving me nuts

So as I was in Scotland on Family business I took the chance to go try a 900 blade
to see how I felt on the bigger bike, well I've got a grin like a cheshire cat right now
harder work in the bends controling the power and extra weight but on the straights oh boy something else
braking was good and positive, mixed in with the engine braking it stops on a dime
but forget the back brake as the back wheel is normally 3" off the ground

keeping the front wheel down was an issue till I got used to feeding the power in
grab a handful like you do on a 600 and all you will see is sky, this was about the only time the back brake was useful
but once you get used to the power delivery and torque in the low end its so much fun
managed to light up the back end a few times coming out a bend but a bit of counter steering easily controlled that

overall I'd have to say a lot more work to ride but the end result when you get it to work
is well worth it there really is no sensation to compare to it
I'd hoped I would not like the honda, although its driving me nuts that little devil in me is saying go do it
my sensible head is saying caution is it really worth the step up, well after today little devil took a major leap forward

the beast in question

Attachments

• Honda CBR1000RR Repsol 07.jpg
    Honda CBR1000RR Repsol 07.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 28

Tolpan

A Honda Fireblade 900 RR was the case I never did my motorcycle drivers-license! After driving to a festival with a friend on his fireblade made me decide, I wanna live, lol!

All the best!

Greets

Tolpan

CoonLover

awesome bike, I think I would end up road kill.. I have a heavy foot (and wrist)..

awesome bike, I think I would end up road kill.. I have a heavy foot (and wrist)..

Gnarly colors and styling

attachment.php

tokinblackguy

oh thats just sick. i was waiting for honda to step up in the liter bike class for years. they are the best all-around bikes you can buy and with this one, it seems they are taking the hint and catering toward the hard-core riders. i'm not hard-core, but i have been riding since i was a kid---CR60, CR80, yamaha yz125 and 250's, gxsr 600 and 750.

i love this new honda. good find OP, keeping the front end down is a problem with practically all the new liter bikes. 1000cc engines on 600cc frames is the norm now...LOL

My best friend had/has a 92/93 900RR fireblade. Aftermarket ram -air and some jetting, full vance and hines exaust, geared down a couple teeth in the rear for accel. Just a beast. We had alot of fun in highschool with that thing. He just couldn't get rid of it for sentimental reasons. I don't even know if he rides it anymore. They sure have come a long way to say the least.

G

Greyskull

a friend of mine has a suzuki hayabusa... the 'gsxr 1300'
if you like big bikes you might want to give it a looksee if you can and are interested in broadening your scope further before you drop the dime. THEY GO REAL FAST hahaha

^^^ Reminded me of Talladega nights " I wanna go fast!" I'm pretty sure Kawasaki put out a ZX-14R, talk about going fast! lol Hope you have a good grip on those bars when you twist the throttle hard.

OCdirty

very clean, unfortunately I high sided my 600 a few months back and am still recovering :( i miss my two wheels

polish400

Hope your doing good OCdirty u'll get the wheels back before you know it! I'll always be riding unless i physically cant

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Why is that bike so hideous? I was over this "retro" 80's thing 20 years ago! All of it will look as bad to those that buy it in 6 months as it does to the rest of us now....

Caveat Emptor....

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My folks recently left me some stocks.Part of getting older i suppose.Well i sold some ,and yesterday i bought one of these,A 2004 Gsxr-1000.Everybody told me ,being your first bike don't get a 1000.I did and im happy i did.Its completly insane,I haven't even gotten a plate for it yet.And ive been riding it all over the neighborhood.

The best way to describe it is.Riding it is like banging an 18 yr old.Well maby not as great as that,but pretty close.Im on a continuous high,just looking at this thing.Im just worried it will get stolen.Well just have to be careful on all accounts,ride on riders!!!:ying:

Attachments

• 04GSXR1000.jpg
    04GSXR1000.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 25

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
just becarefull all y'all.

ATGATT .. all the gear, all the time.

i have a good amount of road rash and a very messed up shoulder from a few weeks back when i went out for a nice spring cruise in the country and a dually ran me off the road. its rarely the fault of the rider, only thing they can control is if youre wearing a jacket and helmet.

Duplicate

Everybody told me ,being your first bike don't get a 1000.I did and im happy i did.
Good Job. I got a 250 for my first time. I can't say that I regret it but I did get a 600 shortly after.

eyes

Veteran
nice bike. ive had a few myself. ive always like the suzukis. although all of the jap bikes are very nice. nowadays, crusing is where its at for me if i were to pick up and ride again. Those bikes are for the young crowd with good backs. id rather sit up right and cruise. although when i was in my 20s going fast was where it was at.

SpeeDevil

Hello guys, it's so nice to see that so many people have the same passion as mine! well I have always ridden dirtbikes till I bumped into supermoto :) I got a crf 450 for the track and a ktm 690 smc for street rides! I tried many 1000's and I reckon there is nothing like a r1 or a gsxr, although the cbr drives me nutz :D

jimbojr

If I had a bike like that I wouldn't be around for long...my old R100S is about the perfect match for me...lol