What's new

Homemade clay pipes.

Dug the clay from the river (mixed with other clay for the top two), sculpted by hand, used a straw to make the hole, burnished with the back of a spoon, and fired in my BBQ.

Attachments

• pipes 002sm.JPG
    pipes 002sm.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 52

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use a thick glaze and take it to the local community college and have them put t in a high fire. just remember to dip the bottom on wax so it does not stick to the kiln.

The art of glazing is my favorite part of ceramics because when you mix glazes you can get incredible chemical reactions that make brilliant unnamed colors.

this is a perfect example of what i'm talking about with glazes.
pair-of-mugs--mystical-night-glazed--handmade-ceramic-cups-set--stoneware-pottery-sheila-corbitt.jpg

S

SeaMaiden

Hey, Leo, good to see you sharing this stuff.

Hash, I didn't know you were into ceramics. I've dabbled, mostly enjoy looking.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I'm impressed at your natural raw talent LG - ever thought about getting a small kiln, they are very reasonable.:tiphat:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, Leo, good to see you sharing this stuff.

Hash, I didn't know you were into ceramics. I've dabbled, mostly enjoy looking.

That and growing are the only things I am good at. My dad used to take non credit courses at a local university back home, and would bring me along since i was a little baby. So for 3 nights of the week growing up I was hanging out with old hippies building huge wood fire kilns and learning ceramics. I need to get back into it.

In my opinion building a wood fire kiln from bricks is a lot of fun. The high fire parties were even more fun.

That and growing are the only things I am good at. My dad used to take non credit courses at a local university back home, and would bring me along since i was a little baby. So for 3 nights of the week growing up I was hanging out with old hippies building huge wood fire kilns and learning ceramics. I need to get back into it.

In my opinion building a wood fire kiln from bricks is a lot of fun. The high fire parties were even more fun.

ICMAG says i can't give you any more karma for now but cool beans about the ceramics. I have been researching the subject along with working glass in a kiln.