What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hombre del Monte's garden.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Well, I didn't expect to be back on here so soon!.

So, as you know, my local health centre saw me yesterday morning and told me to get ready to be admitted to the local hospital later that day.
I attended the hospital at the given time and was seen by several nurses and then 2 Dr's.. Bloods were taken as a matter of urgency. Several hours later, after much debate, it was decided to redress my wound, but to include a compound of Silver placed directly on the infection, continue with my antibiotics and let me go home!; but with strict instructions that should I start to feel more unwell, then to come back immediately and get admitted. I have to report back to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning for a further review by a consultant urologist. I nearly wept with joy when they said I could go home (Mrs DM did). I'd prepared myself for a 48hr inpatient stay and had 2gms of Panama red cob in my bag and another 0.5g cursing through my veins!.

So I'm not "out of the woods" yet, but hopefully, unless I further deteriorate, I've avoided an inpatient stay. I'm taking 3 different medications (which I hate), but I'm at home with the lovely Mrs DM, my pussy rats and my plants.

The girls all look the picture of health this morning; I've not taken ay photo's today, but will do a proper update in a few days time.

Once again, Thank you all for your kind wishes. It really touches my heart that people care. Thank you.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Nothing like health issues to slow you down I’m 61 years old now and I’ve had a lot of physical setbacks over the last decade or so so I work within the parameters of what my body lets me do
I've got a couple of years on you but agree entirely.
I've always been fairly fit and up until my mid 40's, I practised a hard style martial art but had to give it up after a bit of brain surgery.
For the last 15yrs have been doing Tai Chi regularly and 2 years ago added hatha Yoga, so to find myself so incapacitated was a bit of a shock.
It's strange when one's sons, and possibly grandson ,are stronger than oneself. (I still have the fastest jab though; for whatever that's worth:LOL:

Thanks @Onboard mate, Mrs DM is being a star . Later this afternoon once it's cooled to 30 or so, she'll be out with the watering can again. I feel so sorry for her as she struggles with a 100ltrs of water between the girls. Hopefully my balls will be better very soon and I can continue with all my duties.

Montuno

...como el Son...
@Hombre del mont, ¿no tienes manguera?; supongo que sí, y que si riegas con regadera es por que corriges previamente el pH original del agua, ¿no?...pero por unos pocos dias que tu mujer riegue a manguera, no creo pase nada...

En cuanto a tu sentimiento de extrañeza vital, mi abuelo materno decía, que quien no pasara nunca por experimentar esas extrañezas, no podía ser sino (aparte de no tener hijos, sobrinos,etc) por la desgracia de estar bajo tierra antes de poder experimentarlo, o muchísimo mas triste aún, por ser sus hijos los acogidos prematuramente por la tierra.
Asi que alegrate, que lo realmente triste es lo contrario: no llegar a experimentar ese sentimiento de decadencia.

PD:
¡¡ Y cuídese ese güevo !!, je.
No, en serio. El verano aquí es muy mala época para recuperarse de cirugias, infecciones, etc... Aparte de la saturación del Sistema en las zonas turísticas cuando la población puede llegar en zonas a multiplicarse por 10... Por si fuera poco, aparte del retroceso nacional en Sanidad durante la primera crisis económica del siglo (2008), el Sistema de Sanidad Público de tu Comunidad Autónoma, junto con el de la Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid, es de los que peor fama tiene en mi propia Comunidad Autónoma...
No se si has podido experimentar lo anterior con tu propia experiencia en el tiempo...
Sea como sea, ya sabes que también cuentas con mis humildes deseos de la mejor suerte y salud posible, tanto para ti como para tod@s los tuy@s.
¡¡ Mucha salud !!

Man of the mount, don't you have a hose?
I suppose you do, and that if you water with a watering can it is because you have previously corrected the original pH of the water, don't you?...but for a few days that your wife watered with a hosepipe, I don't think anything would happen...

As for your feeling of vital strangeness, my maternal grandfather used to say that whoever never experienced such strangeness could only be (apart from not having children, nephews, etc.) because of the misfortune of being underground before being able to experience it, or even more sadly, because his children were prematurely taken in by the earth.

So rejoice, that the really sad thing is the opposite: not getting to experience that feeling of decay.

PS:
And take care of that güevo!!!, heh.

No, seriously. Summer here is a very bad time to recover from surgeries, infections, etc.... Apart from the saturation of the system in tourist areas when the population can multiply by 10 times in some areas.... As if that were not enough, apart from the national setback in Health during the first economic crisis of the century (2008), the Public Health System of your Autonomous Community, along with that of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, is one of the worst reputed in my own Autonomous Community...

I don't know if you have been able to experience the above with your own experience over time...

Be that as it may, you know that you also have my humble wishes for the best possible luck and health, both for you and for all of yours.

Best of health!

Last edited:

brickweeder

good to hear. silver compounds can really knock bacterial infections out, have full confidence in a quicker recovery. They used silver sulfur compounds to knock out leprosy, and they are used on severe burns where there is no longer any skin to minimize bacterial infections. Good luck.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
@Montuno , thank you so much for your kind words.

It makes a lot of sense what your grandfather says and I agree entirely. I often give thanks for all the "bad" things/experiences in my past, that have brought me to this beautiful life I/we have
I have no qualms about getting older and certainly wouldn't want to be young in the current times we sadly find ourselves in. I truly worry for my grandchildren when it appears that everything in the world is toxic.

We have noticed the decline in the Spanish health care system over the 15 years that we been occasionally accessing it, first as tourists but for the last few years as health card carrying residents.
Thankfully our region is not so popular with the tourists. It must be extremely demanding for the staff and resources in the popular coastal area's.

Mrs DM and myself both worked in the English NHS prior to retiring to your wonderful country. Your health service is not what it once was, but the UK system is in far greater disarray. The dedication and kindness of your health care staff is beyond question. If it was not for the fact that my visits to the Centro de salud and Hospital have been for mine or my wife's health issues, I would have to say how much I enjoyed talking with the doctors and nurses and admiring their professionalism and care.

Tomorrow morning I go for review again at the hospital and hopefully they will be happy with my progress and discharge me back to the care of my family doctor (She's beautiful!):LOL:

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
I seem to recall hearing of the properties of silver years ago and have just realised that we have a bottle of colloidal silver stashed away that we've used on the cats before.
I did a bit of reading about silver earlier today and it would seem to be yet another traditional method of healing that's been hidden by Big Pharma.

thankyou for your kind wishes. I can feel the love coming through form you guy's.:love:

Latest posts

Latest posts