What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hokkaido

MaTeKoaNe

hello growersssssssss !!!

i have read a lot in taima.org and other pages about a hokkaido strain called dosanko. that grows wild and im trying to find some seeds for try this genetics on new hybrids, do you know any web page or place where i can find it ??? except hokkaido or japan, i live on the other side of the world

if someone can help me i'll be very thankful !!! :bow:

excuse me for my unpracticed english and good smokes for all of yours, japanese people !!!

EDITED : you make me dubt, chico_exp . i read this in another forum, but i dont remember in what !!! im searching again ...

Last edited:
I

iichico_exp420

hi MaTeKoaNe.
i may be wrong, but dosanko is a pure sativa and clear up high.
i think Dosanko is got only in Japan.

that all my poor engRish.

MaTeKoaNe

i think you are ok. i cant find where i found this info ...
but i find a phrase in taima.org that says "... are comparable to marijuana available in Jamaica and Mexico in the 1970s...", and this strains are all sativas.

thanks man, i suposse it was an error in my translation reading in another forum, my english is not perfect hehe ...

Last edited:

MaTeKoaNe

chico_exp24 , i now think you are not OK.

"Dosanko is a indica type low THC short growing plant that grows wild on the northern island of Hokkaido" --> this is the info that i found a time ago, in this same forum. japanfreakier say it, and i think japanfreakier knows about it.

I

iichico_exp420

i copy.

i will be try:joint: dosanko in harvest season.
Seeing is believing.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've heard of one place that supposedly sells packs of 100 seeds cheap on the internet, but have never been able to locate the site myself. The only desirable trait dosanko would have to a breeder is that it's a fast finisher; but other strains with higher thc% are just as fast.

G

The only desirable trait dosanko would have to a breeder is that it's a fast finisher; but other strains with higher thc% are just as fast.

That is true, although there may well be higher THC examples in the populations to be found i suspect, with unique terpenoids and its never really been explored. By natural selection and environment tends to have a high cbd. We will share some seeds of this one collected in the field at some point, (dosanko) but have to make another accession first to boost seed stock beyond preservation amounts.

We have a few lines from the Hokkaido islands that where all described as unique cultivars interestingly..certainly different to the Dosanko. These include 'Obi' 'Tokatchi' and 'Hokkaido Island'. All of these lines have different seeds, and the 'Hokkaido Island' is labelled as a 'Wild Sativa' by a very experienced collector of Cannabis in the field. I would be interested in discussing more these areas and environments.

Peace, hhf

MaTeKoaNe

good info HHF. now we knows it is a wild sativa :-D .

japanfreakier, i know it is a low THC strain, but i think why not to try this genetics?? jeje

all of us knows that there is better strains, but the seed world is full of a lot of hybrids created from the same pure strains. i think that trying the strange ones is the door to new and diferent hybrids.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've smoked a shitload of dosanko, it looks like an indica, smokes like an indica, and grows in a place as north as Canada. Doesn't sound sativa to me.

G

I've smoked a shitload of dosanko, it looks like an indica, smokes like an indica, and grows in a place as north as Canada. Doesn't sound sativa to me.

It is only the Hokkaido Island that is labelled as a wild Sativa. Particulary interested in this one and region.

Peace, hhf

Zygote

Wild Cannabis in Hokkaido?

Can some kind people tell us more about the uncultivated Cannabis growing in Hokkaido?
I have read all the information on www.taima.org and here and i would like to know a little more.
How tall does it get and what month does it start to grow, and in what month do the flowers mature?
A picture would be Awesome!

I looked up Hokkaido's climate. The average August temperature is around 22°C (72°F), while the average January temperature ranges from −12°C to −4°C (10°F to 25°F) depending on elevation and latitude.

When it gets 100°F. in the shade here in August, I will be dreaming about that nice cool air and a cold Sapporo beer in Hokkaido, Japan!

The way I see it. Dosanko has breeding potential.
Breeding Attribute.
1. Can be grown with a low input.
2. Short flower time.
3. Disease and pests resistant for Temperate Zones.

Breeding Drawbacks.
1. Not resistant to high heat.
2. Not resistant to pests and diseases of Tropical and Subtropical the Zones.
3. Low THC, but not as low as some wild strains.

Thank you for your time.

Zygote

MaTeKoaNe

fijian

fijian

i've found some info about a strain provided a time ago called "fijian sativa". the seedbanks were hygroseeds and homegrown fantaseeds, but they are not on catalogue actually. are they the same strain as dosanko ???