What's new

HLG Scorpion vs GML Vulcan

Dogokicks

So far, things are pretty even. Just flipped them. My money is on the GML's. The second channel with the far red will probably make a difference. PPFD is very close with the Photone app. I don't think the app is counting the 720nm far red.
Oishii Archive seed bank, Flood/drain, GH nutes. I have a Discord with more pics if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_7879.JPG
    IMG_7879.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7877.JPG
    IMG_7877.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_7878.JPG
    IMG_7878.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:

Gooseman23

So far, things are pretty even. Just flipped them. My money is on the GML's. The second channel with the far red will probably make a difference. PPFD is very close with the Photone app. I don't think the app is counting the 720nm far red.
Oishii Archive seed bank, Flood/drain, GH nutes. I have a Discord with more pics if anyone is interested.
https://discord.gg/SwJj9c6u
Can you share more details? Are you growing clones in a side by side setting with the light being the only variable?

Gooseman23

Lights are the only thing different. They are all clones. They are in one flood/drain system. GH nutes.
Ahh yes but still in same system there will be light over lapping unless you have a a wall between them? But yea I think the Vulcan could do better since it has more ppf. I’m not sure which model scorpion you have there. I know not the Diablo x but is this the one with the new boards or the first one?

Dogokicks

Ahh yes but still in same system there will be light over lapping unless you have a a wall between them? But yea I think the Vulcan could do better since it has more ppf. I’m not sure which model scorpion you have there. I know not the Diablo x but is this the one with the new boards or the first one?
I'm not sure on the HLG. I assume the first model. The outside two rows are mainly lit by the lights on that side. The center two rows share the lights for sure.

FranJan

Cool I like these kinda demos. Thanks.

They look like very similar boards to me, the difference in max PPF is 30 umol/s and their efficiency is about the same btw but until GrandMaster LED publishes an independant PPF report like HLG does I'll take their stated PPF readings with a grain of salt. Spectrum is pretty close too but of course the extra 730nm on the Vulcan gives it an edge if you can run the 730nm when the Vulcan's other channel is off and know how to take advantage of that, otherwise that Scorp Diablo puts out a little bit of 730nm and most plants don't need too much during flowering from what I understand so that's kind of a wash there IMHO. Also you do need to get the right ratio of red to far red to take advantage otherwise too much 730nm can cause damage to the plants so that advantge can be a major disadvantage if not used right.

Again thanks for the demo. Actually the way I think you have it setup the HLG should "win" since it's design limits the light coming out in some aspects so the Vulcan probably won't be getting any extra light from the HLG like it will be giving to the HLG side. Also please post more pix here, not everyone wants to deal with Discord's lack of privacy. They wanted to confirm me by phone after email wasn't good enough for their AI. Fuck 'em!

Gooseman23

They look like very similar boards to me, the difference in max PPF is 30 umol/s and their efficiency is about the same btw but until GrandMaster LED publishes an independant PPF report like HLG does I'll take their stated PPF readings with a grain of salt. Spectrum is pretty close too but of course the extra 730nm on the Vulcan gives it an edge if you can run the 730nm when the Vulcan's other channel is off and know how to take advantage of that, otherwise that Scorp Diablo puts out a little bit of 730nm and most plants don't need too much during flowering from what I understand so that's kind of a wash there IMHO. Also you do need to get the right ratio of red to far red to take advantage otherwise too much 730nm can cause damage to the plants so that advantge can be a major disadvantage if not used right.

Again thanks for the demo. Actually the way I think you have it setup the HLG should "win" since it's design limits the light coming out in some aspects so the Vulcan probably won't be getting any extra light from the HLG like it will be giving to the HLG side. Also please post more pix here, not everyone wants to deal with Discord's lack of privacy. They wanted to confirm me by phone after email wasn't good enough for their AI. Fuck '

Again thanks for the demo. Actually the way I think you have it setup the HLG should "win" since it's design limits the light coming out in some aspects so the Vulcan probably won't be getting any extra light from the HLG like it will be giving to the HLG side. Also please post more pix here, not everyone wants to deal with Discord's lack of privacy. They wanted to confirm me by phone after email wasn't good enough for their AI. Fuck 'em!
hmmmm… your discord experience is odd…

Latest posts

Latest posts