What's new

Hiring people on fiverr?

Cuddles

So I´ve realized that I do need help and I am looking at the services offered on fiverr.
And before I register there I thought I should ask around... Does anybody on this board have experience with this platform and the people on it? Any help or pointers are appreciated :)

Cuddles

okay, so nobody here has used the services on fiverr....
I ´m still looking for the ones which may be best for promoting my own biz and I came across this guy who says he´ll promote weed sites and thought I´d share it:

Cuddles

Seems quite expensive for the reach he has? Is your brands average customer in line with his average subscriber? Why do you think it's worth the rate?
I´ve no idea if he´s good or worth it. Just thought I´d share it that´s all.
My little business has nothing to do with weed.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
fwiw, ive never used fiver but ive perused their site
the old adage "you get what you pay for" comes to mind here
from what ive seen a lot of the art work looks like student level/ template stuff and i would be dubious about their social media offerings
"all hat and no cattle"
i agree with explosive that it seems over priced for what it is he is offering
/50,000 facebooks likes?
what exactly were you looking for?

Cuddles

fwiw, ive never used fiver but ive perused their site
the old adage "you get what you pay for" comes to mind here
from what ive seen a lot of the art work looks like student level/ template stuff and i would be dubious about their social media offerings
"all hat and no cattle"
i agree with explosive that it seems over priced for what it is he is offering
/50,000 facebooks likes?
what exactly were you looking for?
speaking of templates: those are used everywhere! i get tons of email stuff and the websites are ALL the same... and yet.. oh well.
Like I said I´m not in the pot business but I´m thinking of getting help promoting the little biz.

I agree about the massive amount of social media contacts but then agin - this is advertising which is always exagerated, lol.

highfidelity

I've used fiverr to get logos made before but thats about it. You definitely get what you pay for as pop_rocks said but that is under the stipulation that it is a fairly priced product. That's not what I think this is. 270k page views is cool and all but how many of those page views actually click on the banner ads. Most websites that have banner ads I completely disregard the ads personally and I think many people do. I do think there are good advertising opportunities online I just dont think fiverr is the place you are going to find it.

highfidelity

Just tried fiverr for another design project because of this post. It's 24 hours late at this point lol. It's a good thing I'm patient. Gonna just try and use this to bargain for getting the editable file free 😅

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I've used fiverr to get logos made before but thats about it. You definitely get what you pay for as pop_rocks said but that is under the stipulation that it is a fairly priced product. That's not what I think this is. 270k page views is cool and all but how many of those page views actually click on the banner ads. Most websites that have banner ads I completely disregard the ads personally and I think many people do. I do think there are good advertising opportunities online I just dont think fiverr is the place you are going to find it.
I noticed the other day that we have an Ace Seeds add. Before this, I knew of Mars and Gorilla. Think how much time I spend here.
I'm very much programmed to look only for what I want to see. Most people are. I have no idea what's popped up at me in years, except one site pops up a full size page for aliexpress, and my brain recognises this before I have moved my mouse to close it. I spend so much time on ali that the format is burned into my subconsciousness. However, this popup serves them no purpose, as I see it, as I already use them.

Would you like to see how much you see, that you were not looking for? This test is a classic..
1 min video, with just one question

highfidelity

I noticed the other day that we have an Ace Seeds add. Before this, I knew of Mars and Gorilla. Think how much time I spend here.
I'm very much programmed to look only for what I want to see. Most people are. I have no idea what's popped up at me in years, except one site pops up a full size page for aliexpress, and my brain recognises this before I have moved my mouse to close it. I spend so much time on ali that the format is burned into my subconsciousness. However, this popup serves them no purpose, as I see it, as I already use them.

Would you like to see how much you see, that you were not looking for? This test is a classic..
1 min video, with just one question

Yea exactly. I love those awareness tests though haha. My favorite is this one:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What I need is FOUR fold. A superior ( graphically speaking ) website for show for my own newly revamped identity website. Bear in mind my website was top of the game for a number of YEARS. An archives with ecommerce parts, which will require a lot of programming ( serious programming you will find yourself in competition with an entire team of programmers who invented this game years ago. So are you feeling lucky? ) and superior SEO and again bear in mind that I was either number 1 or within the top 3 on Google for YEARS. Tough act to follow and I was planning on not having to work any more but due to unfortunate circumstances that GRY could tell you briefly....if you are so inclined to find out. Then you'll have an idea otherwise, that's what I'm looking for....
Far as the competition which is HUGE, think of us as the
user112986_pic370585_1273047257.gif

up against the dang British navy heh. Feel up to the task and have the abilities to do so? Send me an email then and let's see what the possibilities are.......

And lastly , develop an on going series in Animation, each "episode" about 1 minute or so, and the intent is to run them every week or so.

Long as we each get our little bit we'll be happy
yay2.gif

highfidelity

What I need is FOUR fold. A superior ( graphically speaking ) website for show for my own newly revamped identity website. Bear in mind my website was top of the game for a number of YEARS. An archives with ecommerce parts, which will require a lot of programming ( serious programming you will find yourself in competition with an entire team of programmers who invented this game years ago. So are you feeling lucky? ) and superior SEO and again bear in mind that I was either number 1 or within the top 3 on Google for YEARS. Tough act to follow and I was planning on not having to work any more but due to unfortunate circumstances that GRY could tell you briefly....if you are so inclined to find out. Then you'll have an idea otherwise, that's what I'm looking for....
Far as the competition which is HUGE, think of us as the
user112986_pic370585_1273047257.gif

up against the dang British navy heh. Feel up to the task and have the abilities to do so? Send me an email then and let's see what the possibilities are.......

And lastly , develop an on going series in Animation, each "episode" about 1 minute or so, and the intent is to run them every week or so.

Long as we each get our little bit we'll be happy
yay2.gif
I can't tell if you're offering services or looking to have something made. I would say if your looking for something to be made then you'll likely have a hard time finding that caliber of work on fiverr. If you're looking to provide a service then I'm not sure you're posting in the right thread considering the kind of work being discussed here.

As for my results with fiverr just recently...all I did was I provided the background image, which was created by an AI art generator that took in my username and output that picture, as well as describing the two boxes I wanted for writing in strain info.
image.png

Got these bags designed for 25$ by "auroragraphics5". Took about 48 hours longer than fiverr quoted but I used that to negotiate grabbing the editable files which would only have been in the 45$ package. He even included these 3d mockups of how the bags would look.
20220605_180100.jpg

20220605_181117.jpg

For someone with a limited eye for design I am very happy with the result for what I spent. It would have likely taken me a minimum of a couple hours of learning software, spending time making decisions regarding the fonts and colors, and making sure everything is properly aligned and looks good and it still would not have looked as polished as this.

Fiverr has its uses but buying a banner ad just isn't the play imo.