What's new

High Times Goes Down

CharlesU Farley

Hydrofarm was big back then. That ballast, that weighed 50lbs, got hot as shit.. 😂
Never have it shipped to your house back then, NEVER.. 😂..code
1000009436.jpg

Ordered in 1987, which is why I was freaking out over OGM, mounted the heavy ass ballast under the floor, attached to the floor joists, to get the heat and the noise out of the closet.

After reading / hearing about OGM, I was quite concerned, but kept on growing. 😱

Don't know how you got your nym, but I could tell you some old stories about that term. :cool:

I Care

Hey it was a cool magazine to look at until someone loaned me, for a short time, a third edition canabible. Which was a really legit book, no advertising to clutter up those pages I remember the ode to the weed man or whatever it was called, that was funny.

I’m pretty sure I was directed, years after the topic here, partially by this book; that you don’t want to buy anything e-mail anything or bring anything from anywhere but what you can find your local gardening store or nursery using cash if your trying to fly low. That store can then order most of anything for you in some shape or form. Again, this is years after this topic. By my time it was kinda just like use whatever you can find. I’d have grown with a cfl before buying a rig by my time. Lot or reasons to be paranoid, cause so many people had take time off and spend it dealing with judicials.

GainesvilleGreen

View attachment 18993679

Ordered in 1987, which is why I was freaking out over OGM, mounted the heavy ass ballast under the floor, attached to the floor joists, to get the heat and the noise out of the closet.

After reading / hearing about OGM, I was quite concerned, but kept on growing. 😱

Don't know how you got your nym, but I could tell you some old stories about that term. :cool:
I'm not Rick Naya aka GG
I grew up in Gville in 80s/90s. Just a name for good weed back then. All the weed was great back then. Maybe, because my tolerance was lower, not sure. 😂

CharlesU Farley

I'm not Rick Naya aka GG
I grew up in Gville in 80s/90s. Just a name for good weed back then. All the weed was great back then. Maybe, because my tolerance was lower, not sure. 😂
In the late '60s, early '70s, before most people knew what sensimilla was, it was called "Gainesville Green" by the college students at UF.

From my website:

"I introduced a couple of Italians and a Jewish guy to some surfers, who knew the Cubans, who brought it in for the Coptics and a very friendly relationship developed. They kept Bayside and Howard Beach supplied for quite a while and appreciated the intros, so anytime I needed to score, it was quite easy.

Visited Sebastian Inlet with them one time when they were just surfing and met some very interesting people. One guy said he moved a lot of the Coptic’s stuff up in Gainesville, called it Gainesville Green. Said he used to run PBR's in The Delta, I thought he was talking about Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. I had no idea what that meant until I saw Apocalypse Now many years later. I remember him taking a big hit, exhaling, and saying, “Thai sticks ain’t got shit on this”.

I believed him."

Every time I see your name, I smile. ;)

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
High Times was a tool used by US government.
They use any tool to justify your dozens of millions spent - war on drugs.
Fan boys never add up to any discussion.
"I like High Times and no one will blame my mag" :muahaha:

Old Piney

I don't know about all this conspiring with the government. But what I do know back in the day it was all I had. It had the the ask Edd column the first adds for the seed bank and sssc and bought my Bible Marijuana Botany (Robert Connell Clarke) . I'm talking 1986 thought me everything back then