What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High last for a short period

IngFarmer

Hello guys, I grow in coco coir with perlite using sometimes canna line and sometimes advance nutrient line.
My friends now complain that although the final product is quiet potent the high does not last.
They say they get high whilst smoking but when they stop after a while the high just vanishes.
I used to reuse my coco but I stopped and use new coco all the time now.
What do you guys think the problem is ? what I'm I doing wrong or what I'm I not doing...
any advice will be much appreciated. thanks

chilliwilli

Waterboy
What strain did i u grow?
I got that with girls scout cookies. When i smoke this it is wonderfull high that i like but after 30-40 min the high turns very boring.

IngFarmer

What strain did i u grow?
I got that with girls scout cookies. When i smoke this it is wonderfull high that i like but after 30-40 min the high turns very boring.
I grow CRITICAL C2+ DINAFEM SEEDS...who knows may be changing the strain may help...

crimsonecho

critical imo is kinda blah highwise. its a great producer but not one of dinafems finest when it comes to the effects. i love love love their dinachem and blue kush. definitely stellar highs that lasts for hours. having said that you may just be harvesting early. i get the same effects when i harvest early. potent but not long lasting.

IngFarmer

critical imo is kinda blah highwise. its a great producer but not one of dinafems finest when it comes to the effects. i love love love their dinachem and blue kush. definitely stellar highs that lasts for hours. having said that you may just be harvesting early. i get the same effects when i harvest early. potent but not long lasting.
I really do harvest a day or two early, may be 3-4 days early......but it was not like that before..well, by early I mean with respect to the adviced days of flowing from the seed bank, but usually 90% of them have hairs which are already brownish before I harvest

Last edited:

goingrey

What do you mean with a day or two early? What do your trichomes look like at that point, is there any amber in there?

Really does sound like it has been harvested prematurely.

crimsonecho

I really do harvest a day or two early, may be 3-4 days early......but it was not like that before..well, by early I mean with respect to the adviced days of flowing from the seed bank, but usually 90% of them have hairs which are already brownish before I harvest
yeah i think youre harvesting early. breeders times are 90% not accurate. are you growing from clones?

90% of pistils brownish doesnt really scream ripe to me. they advertise dinachem as an 8 weeker but i find it to be the best representation of itself at day 80+

goingrey

Dinafem says 45-50 days for Critical + 2.0. And you're harvesting even earlier than that?

Let's just say that many seed companies give extremely optimistic flowering times. Best to not give them too much credence.

Go with the trichomes...

picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Crit is a mellow daytime smoke. It's not for getting wasted. Perhaps the initial transition from sober to stoned is a nice step, but they want to go further. They want something oiled up enough to make them choke. Not the smooth daytime smoke that a fast crit will offer them.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'll re-confirm the early harvesting. Wait till 5-15% amber trichomes and you'll see a MASSIVE difference. ;)

Harvesting early means:
- Up to a third less weight
- Much less potent so you have to smoke more
- Lasts a very short time so you have to smoke more often

You're triple shooting yourself in the leg by cropping early. ;)

Justinmach

Crit is a pleasant daytime cigarette. It's not a place to get intoxicated. The initial transition from sober to stoned may be a good start, but they want to take it a step farther. They're looking for something greasy enough to make them choke. A rapid crit will not provide them with the seamless daytime smoke that a slow crit will. octordle

Latest posts

Latest posts