What's new

hiccup with a fce8000

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
just came home. smelled something, i see the plug on the fce8000 is smoking n hot... what the fuk... lucky i came home when i did... i just sent a message to mars, the the lite is less then a year old... what the fuk could it be?? it is plugged into a timer, but the plug was smokin- timer seems ok

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
just came home. smelled something, i see the plug on the fce8000 is smoking n hot... what the fuk... lucky i came home when i did... i just sent a message to mars, the the lite is less then a year old... what the fuk could it be?? it is plugged into a timer, but the plug was smokin- timer seems ok
You are fricking lucky friend. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Don't use that light period because I have seen members' houses burnt down. Post a photo of the light so we and get a heads-up on it. If other members are using the same light they need to know what can happen. I'm sorry to say I have heard stories about Mars lights catching on fire but I didn't believe it.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I know what you mean creeper, these stories normally come from brand new accounts rather than long term established members. It is a little unnerving.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the lite is plugged into a '3' way , then into the timer - here is a pic of the 3way... i doubt that the 3way is the problem - nothing else other then the lite is plugged into it

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2281.jpg
    IMG_2281.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 72

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Probably a faulty 3way plug. People return them to the hardware store and they restock them. Smell them before you buy, just like with Buds. If it smells burnt it's no good.

Keep an eye on it though. Good Luck!!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
hello mars... in an email u stated you would be sending me a new wire/plug for the lite- its 24days, n no wire/plug... how long do i need to wait???

Deleted User 0283844

I'll attach pic when I get there...

My mars fce 4000 killed 3 timers , burnt the plug to point it melted 🫠 together. Decent timers with correct ratings to exceed what light was putting out so was not timers.

Also I get a lighting hum(like flickering and buzzing) when on the lowest settings.

Same thing as you, was lucky enough to catch before anything happened seriously.

My emails to mars were received, with no response back.

Have 3 of em and just setup 3 months ago for this run but won't run past 60% intensity.

Won't buy a single mars product based off not even one email back. Shitty customer service along with a product tgat has potential for fire,loss of property and having to expose grow due to gire.

After that , I've installed fire suppressant in room . 4 of the red balls(I forget name ).

Glad you caught it before negative potential happened.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
hey... its now april 11th, when u read this april 12.... thats 21 fuking days... where the FUK is my plug??? i'm tired of these replies... my orig email was on feb 27th to you - fukin new year is fukin over...
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Mars Hydro
Sorry for the inconvenience, Since your accessories need to be shipped from China, the transportation time may be delayed.
Please don't worry. We have urged the carrier to update the logistics information as soon as possible. We will inform you after the update.
Please wait patiently.
We appreciate your understanding and support.