What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGF's "Homegrown Fantasy"

HGF's "Homegrown Fantasy"

This is a White Widow/Afghan cross, much like Mr. Nice's "Medicine Man". She is hardy, but go very easy on the nutes... she doesn't respond well to a "lavish feed". Have grown her hydro and soil organic. Hydro she is right up there with commercial products... up to 600 grams per M2 under a 600. In soil, 4 to a sq meter, in 5 gallon pots have been getting about a pound per group. Very sticky stuff, lots of leaf too... pain in the a** to manicure... IMHO. Is very smelly last 2 weeks of her 9 week flower... reeks of afghan and bad body odor. There have been 2 phenos... one more Afghan looking... buds the entire length of a branch, rounded tops... very dense. The other pheno has a "pointy" tipped bud shape... less leaf, doesn't yeild as well... but has more of a "head high".

The taste is VERY sweet... almost like an exotic dessert. The smoke is heavy and dense... there won't be any doubts for 1/4 a mile around that somebody is smoking dope. *grins* Has a very nice buzz.... head and body.
Is great for playing in bed... makes me feel quite "frisky". *smiles wickedly* While similar to White Rhino... is less of a "couch lock" stone, but doesn't taste quite as good to me as WR (WR is a bit sweeter, tastes more like sweet black bean sauce *rubs tummy*). For me this isnt a good one to smoke before dinner... it numbs my mouth quite a bit... throws off the tastes of food.

Overall have been very pleased with her... more than two years of growing this stuff... and have no complaints. Very hardy, fast in veg and flower, great yeild... whats not to like? okies... *waves bye* Akiko

G

We meet again Tolteca, now I never thought much about HF before now. But your report has raised my interest. Sounds like one of the tastest indica around. thanks my friend great job. Smokey.

*waves HIGH!* Hola Smokey... *smiles* Great to see you. Yes, have had my share of less than thrilling experiences with some HGF offerings (sounds like you may have had some *grins*). Tried their "Silver Blue"... as used to grow Sensi's Silver Pearl and always liked it... But... in a word, Silver Blue... sucked. Didnt make you high... Their Shiva/Afghani is okies... but certainly nothing to write home about. But yeppers... they have some winners in there too. Kama Mist, HF, Jah Herer... have been good to me. Later alligator, Akiko

G

Yes Tolteca, I grew what I thought was their flagship, Afghani. Great looking, nice yeilding and sticky. But I'm still looking for the potency. Never tried another Homegrown since. I guess you could 'hear' it in my voice too huh?

Smokey> Uh huh... sure could. ha ha ha. Think they changed their Afghani some how. Know some folks that have grown that for about 3 or more years... swear by it.
A friend tried it... twice... ha ha ha... and complained of hermies and low potency. Go figure?

Am very happy to see you posting in here... haven't even looked in here for months... popped in yesterday for a peek... and woahhhhh! *smiles* You know your stuff... thats for certain... and share your knowledge freely.... and with style!

Awwww... isnt this sweet.... *blushes* ha ha ha... too funny. Seriously... always appreciate your input regarding our favorite plant... and have found that your tastes run close to my own. You have yet to steer me wrong. Cannot say that about too many males... Ha ha ha!!! okies... will write a few more reports (including the Orange Apollo) during next couple of days. Time to go get high now... no? *grins*
*waves bye* Akiko

Latest posts

Latest posts