What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermaphrodite?

Elf777

Day 14 flowering and this showed up. Feminized plant showing white pistils but also showing this… wait or get rid of it asap?

Attachments

• CA1B594D-8CBB-4817-AA1E-42802B11B67F.jpeg
    CA1B594D-8CBB-4817-AA1E-42802B11B67F.jpeg
    698.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 3DF88AA1-B4F5-402F-83B3-F2E7B5CF9B9A.jpeg
    3DF88AA1-B4F5-402F-83B3-F2E7B5CF9B9A.jpeg
    697.9 KB · Views: 55
  • D202F97F-4C6A-49B8-966B-BB52107E990B.jpeg
    D202F97F-4C6A-49B8-966B-BB52107E990B.jpeg
    813.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 96BD203E-F10D-483C-B978-E6D5BF0D1DFE.jpeg
    96BD203E-F10D-483C-B978-E6D5BF0D1DFE.jpeg
    740.5 KB · Views: 61

Rgd

Veteran
if the male pods are only the first few internodes like that it should be ok
it can happen with fems ..the subsequent cuts off them never showing male pods again

if they start inside bud too they are hermi’s and could be problematic and need turfing

Elf777

it can happen with fems ..the subsequent cuts off them never showing male pods again

if they start inside bud too they are hermi’s and could be problematic and need turfing
Damn, so these are male pollen sacs then. If I understand correctly, removing them should be ok? This plant in particular fell down while transplanting her so I guess she got stressed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It depends on how bad it is IMO. It would take more than that to induce herms traits. More likely it's from the genetics used. You have to consider with other plants in the room they could get pollinated. You will have to put in more effort to inspect daily for any male parts and remove them. Once the plant is in full flower finding those male flowers will get harder. If that is doable then yes you can pluck off the male parts as it grows until harvest.

Elf777

It depends on how bad it is IMO. It would take more than that to induce herms traits. More likely it's from the genetics used. You have to consider with other plants in the room they could get pollinated. You will have to put in more effort to inspect daily for any male parts and remove them. Once the plant is in full flower finding those male flowers will get harder. If that is doable then yes you can pluck off the male parts as it grows until harvest.
I also supercropped and LST her, this might have triggered it, not sure. I did it like 5 days before flowering. It is a girl scout cookies I really want to try this strain, but not sure if the risk of pollinating my entire room is worth it. Thanks.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I Top, LST, or train all my plants.. I do find herms from time to time but it's not from using any of these methods. The Genetics is what causes plants to herm.. Plants that herm under low stress shouldn't be used for breeding.

For instance, a cross of OGK x Sour Diesel can be rock solid.. If we reverse that to Sour Diesel x OGK it can be a total failure full of intersex issues. This is why testing is so important.

once the male pods open pollen can drop. Closed no pollen.
hermaphrodite_cannabis_plant-1024x763.jpg

windmills

I would add that if only the first few internodes are showing precursory male sacs, then it might be okay. If you are indoors and have limited specimens to watch on a very regular basis, I would not toss them right away. If however you are guerilla, leaving them for a while unattended could ruin everything. If they start coming out of colasing flowers and the plants are healthy and unstressed, definitely something to be concerned about. Either chop the offenders before any seeding can occur, or if they are all the same strain, keep fingers crossed. Good luck either way.

NEED 4 SEED

Some of my cookies did throw a few nanners in the seed run and also at one time as clones but then never again. I grow them for 6 years now without problems.

Latest posts

Latest posts