What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Here’s some pictures and indoor grow info on Baglung Nepali landerace.

RulaTone

Veteran
thank for sharing goat, im loving the resin coating this cultivar expresses, i bet there is lot of breeding potential in these.
did you try to pollinate some?

all the best

GoatCheese

Veteran
They might be Repros of Blue Hemp by Derg Corra Collective.

I ask myself if they cope topping and if this makes sense because of their lanky structure.
Hi.
These could have come from Derg Corra/LaLa, but like i said earlier, i really can't remember.

Not every Baglung was tall and lanky, thou some were. Some were fairly short but some clearly more nld/sativa.

i'm the only one that see this plant is exactly the same as the less meaty phenos of reef/CBG nepal highland? i bet it has that chocolate/coffee flavour too....im right?
Hello.
Well i grew only four females of these and none where choco or coffee smelling and not even close. Some had sour fruit (nectarine) smell to them, one had a blackcurrant tea smell and most of them had also moldy tones in the smell. But like i said before, the phenos were quite all over the place, so there could be other smells in this line also, not just the kinds i found.

Looks could be similar to other Neps and i also see similar traits even in some Lebanese and Moroccan plants. ..in Yarkhun pakistani and so on.

thank for sharing goat, im loving the resin coating this cultivar expresses, i bet there is lot of breeding potential in these.
did you try to pollinate some?

all the best
Hi.
It would take some searching and cleaning out first, cause some plants grew nanners in late flowering, while some plants started semi-autoflowering under 18/6 veg lights. But they had nice resin for sure and the effect was fairly nice.

I pollinated one plant with some Herijuana pollen, but she was prolly under some stress cause all i got was one or two seeds This plant also grew some nanners later on, so i wasn't upset for not getting some seeds.

Peace and thanks for the kind words, amigos
:)

Delicious plants man! I once had a strong "ripe peach" flavoured pheno of a Canadian Jack-Herer version. Your mention of nectarine flavour reminded me of that particular fruity South-Asian phenotypical manifestation.

neongreen

Veteran
These could have come from Derg Corra/LaLa, but like i said earlier, i really can't remember.

Probably not. The Derg Corra reproduction was done in 2014 using Bluehemp stock which I had stored since 2006 and passed on to Lala in 2013. As far as I'm aware there were no other Derg Corra reproductions of the Baglung. I will ask to confirm if this is the case, and if I'm mistaken I'll post back here, but I'm 99% confident that this is the case here.

Either way, those are nice plants Goat, and I have no doubt that they are genuine Baglung. They do throw a range of phenos, and from what I've seen, all are great! There are some phenos that almost turn black during flower, which I'm very interested in finding/pursuing in my ongoing affair with this strain.

If anyone is interested, here are some pics of full size plants growing outdoors last year:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346325

:tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Probably not. The Derg Corra reproduction was done in 2014 using Bluehemp stock which I had stored since 2006 and passed on to Lala in 2013. As far as I'm aware there were no other Derg Corra reproductions of the Baglung. I will ask to confirm if this is the case, and if I'm mistaken I'll post back here, but I'm 99% confident that this is the case here.

Either way, those are nice plants Goat, and I have no doubt that they are genuine Baglung. They do throw a range of phenos, and from what I've seen, all are great! There are some phenos that almost turn black during flower, which I'm very interested in finding/pursuing in my ongoing affair with this strain.

If anyone is interested, here are some pics of full size plants growing outdoors last year:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346325

:tiphat:
I bought these from a Danish seedbank around 2009-2010-ish, can't remember the exact year. The shop might have been TopSkud, but there was few danish web-shops i visited around that time and i can't remember where these came from. The shop was also selling f2's of Dutch and American seed lines like Blueberry, NYCD, A11, C99 and Ginger Ale along with old school Danish outdoors
My thinking back then was that maybe these came from the same stock as Bluehemp's Baglung, a repro made in Denmark or larger seed lot bought from Bluehemp.

Your outdoor Neps look awesome! I really like the rustic look on some of these Baglungs ..."ancient"

Sipina

Greetings!

I hope you don't mind I'm now resurrecting this old thread.
I have recently found out about this variety and it really caught my interest because it has all the characteristics I'm looking for in a plant, and above all the OP is about growing this indoor.

I am planning to work with it indoor predominantly first and then test it outdoors, if I have the option.
I am getting out of this thread that being careful with not giving to much nutrients is of importance to avoid self-pollination. Are there any other important tips?

Can anyone shed some more light on this variety today? Anyone working with it? Is there any info on who did the reproductions? I just ordered some from seedheaven under the Derg Corra Collective segment where it says this is a reproduction from the BlueHemp, can anyone confirm this?

Have a great day!

GoatCheese

Veteran
Greetings!

I hope you don't mind I'm now resurrecting this old thread.
I have recently found out about this variety and it really caught my interest because it has all the characteristics I'm looking for in a plant, and above all the OP is about growing this indoor.

I am planning to work with it indoor predominantly first and then test it outdoors, if I have the option.
I am getting out of this thread that being careful with not giving to much nutrients is of importance to avoid self-pollination. Are there any other important tips?

Can anyone shed some more light on this variety today? Anyone working with it? Is there any info on who did the reproductions? I just ordered some from seedheaven under the Derg Corra Collective segment where it says this is a reproduction from the BlueHemp, can anyone confirm this?

Have a great day!
Hi.

Mine were easy growing, just keep nutrient/Nitrogen levels milder – like with any landrace plant - and you’re good.

Few of my plants wanted to start blooming in 18/6 light cycle after a longer time in veg so if you want to keep them in veg for long you may have to use longer lights-on time – 20h-24h lights on.

..but i have no idea how Derg Corra’s Baglung behaves and grows so you have to see for yourself.

Good luck with the project

funkyhorse

Very interesting thread
I am growing Nepalese Baglung sourced from Derg Corra
I have 7 girls and 2 boys made seed and were culled
I am in spring less than a month away from summer solstice growing on ascending sun hours
I cant grow these plants tall like Neongreen. I sprouted them at spring equinox and they just sex and flower in about 40 days from sprouting them
I spent the 2010 Football World Cup 60 kms away from Baglung. I didnt expect these genetics to be auto
It has good landrace resistance, it is surviving the attacks of local fauna. It made some unexpected PM for a strain coming from Nepal. This stock seems to be from a much northern latitude than Nepal

Local fauna attacked my beetroots, my garlic and onion but didnt touch Nepalese Baglung, picture from yesterday
Nepal Baglung survivor.jpeg

These are the girls, pictures from last week
Nepal baglung (2).jpeg
Nepal baglung (3).jpeg
Nepal baglung (4).jpeg
Nepal baglung (5).jpeg
Nepal baglung (6).jpeg
Nepal baglung (7).jpeg
Nepal baglung (8).jpeg
Nepal baglung (9).jpeg

GoatCheese

Veteran
Great to see some of these growing, @funkyhorse !

How do they smell?

Those look much, much more IBL than the plants i grew and showed in this thread. Thou i only had four plants/females the phenos were much more all over the place like in a more natural landrace line – so Derg Corra stuff has been made with fairly small number of plants at some point, i’d imagine.

Post some photos over here as they mature more and then few words about the smoke when you get some of those burning!

-
-
EDIT:
Oh ...Did you do any hash smoking when you were in Nepal, mate?

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, everyones' Baglung/near by area Nepali photos and info are wellcome in this thread, so please share if you have/are growing some of these.

Sipina

I spent the 2010 Football World Cup 60 kms away from Baglung. I didnt expect these genetics to be auto
It has good landrace resistance, it is surviving the attacks of local fauna. It made some unexpected PM for a strain coming from Nepal. This stock seems to be from a much northern latitude than Nepal.

@funkyhorse Thanks for sharing these photos and information!

Are you suggesting that this line might have been crossed with something to make it autoflower; or rather that the selections made in Denmark are the cause of it? If you started them at 12/12 it would make sense that they started to flower already. It will be very interesting to see what happens when light hours increase even more. Please keep us updated!

What do you mean with PM? Can you please explain?

@GoatCheese Thanks for the tips! Can you give any more detail regarding hermaphroditism/nanners?

Thanks to all so far for this awesome thread.
Have a great day!

GoatCheese

Veteran
Are you suggesting that this line might have been crossed with something to make it autoflower; or rather that the selections made in Denmark are the cause of it?
The semi-blooming traits is regional, some plants in Afghanistan also do it.
Can you give any more detail regarding hermaphroditism/nanners?
Can't really remember, they weren't bad regarding intersex traits but my plants looked different compared to the Derg Corra line.

funkyhorse

Hi there GoatCheese
Yes I smoked nepali charas and Manali charas in Asia for about 20 years since the 90s to 2010s
I love it

I have sprouted them outdoors at spring equinox
These are growing on ascending sun hours towards the summer solstice, we are 4 weeks away, it doesnt look like they will reveg
These are lat 55 strains. It is probably adapted to that lat and south of it behaves like auto. If this is from Nepal or not I have no clue, but the feral plants I saw in Nepal are much taller than this.

I am a little farther away from the sun than Baglung and here it behaves like auto