What's new

Heres a $.75 hash press 4YA ;)

dcyans

Well here it is nothing fancy just a section of cpvc two drilled end caps and two 30 penny nails cut to length. here is a half gm. of favorite substance compressed into a small tablet. The nice thing with using heavy duty nails is that you can put out alot of pressure with a vise, although care must still be taken not to apply to much pressure and shatter the cpvc, although this tablet will not cut easily with a razorblade bc it's so hard!

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Last edited:

dcyans

"looks like you can pop the cap off and just push the hash through."
Very good, and yes the nail heads do the compressing.

dcyans

Yes the tube is about a mm. larger if that. ;) very simple yet works pretty damn good! Ya gotta love them hash tabs!!!

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
You are obviously an incorrugable reprobate of the highest order! Great gadget. It takes me places I haven't been thinking lately, but am now looking forward to going...

I'll have trouble posting from here on out once I get going with my 75 cent hash press.

Thank you!!!

G

dcyans,

Is it just me, are are the pics missing in the original post?

I'd love to see pics of your invention!

:confused:

JetUsUp

dude... this thread was over a year old. where did you find it?
and yes, i would like to see how it worked too...

G

I used your method dycan's to fabricate my own.

I used the 1" pvc splice piece as the body to my little press. I have a broken picture frame vise that work's well.

A nickel fit's in the cuppler just perfect and so I crazy glued a nickel to a bolt so it look's like a plunger that slides up and down in the cuppler. And yes I used a piece of sand paper to take out the small raised area out of the inside of the cuppler so that the plunger goes smoothly all the way thru it.
Now how it work's, place a nickel down and then the cuppler over it. A piece of wax paper cut to size of a nickel is placed over the nickel and then the hash goes in. I kinda work it in and place another piece of wax paper down on the hash and then apply the plunger.

Once I get the cuppler full of hand compressed hash I put it into the vise and crank it down slowly and in a few hour's I take it out.

This is all new to me and dycan's posted his mini press on another site some time back.

Again I say thank you for sharing it with everyone. Your method is top's and quicker than mine, but I had to use what I had around the house to make mine.
I just love to press all my bubble now into a plug the dia. of a nickel.

Stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Seems pretty simple..a tube or cylinder of some sort (pvc, metal, etc). Something that will act as a piston with a very close fit to the cylinder coming from both directions(nailhead, coin, slug, ramset washer, etc).
A rod to extend from the pistons to outside the tube (nail shaft, coin with bolt glued on, etc.). Seems like a flat-head countersunk screw would work good if you filled in the screwdriver slot with JB Weld.
You now need something to keep those piston rods centered so they don't buckle to the sides (endcaps for the pipe used, drilled in the center the same size hole as the piston rods). Then you just need something to apply pressure to those rod ends (vise, Big C-clamp, Press etc.)
realhigh has a good idea as well using something between the pistons and hash, wax paper. I think another good one would be using tape or sticker adhesive protection paper. Some tapes and peel-off stickers have a very glossy surface so the adhesive doesn't stick to it.

G

JetUsUp said:
dude... this thread was over a year old. where did you find it?
and yes, i would like to see how it worked too...

Lol, I know it was old.. was searching for press and found it.
So I made one with some stuff from Home Depot, and it sort of worked, - ended up getting the Space Case Press - and I like it :yummy:

G

This was a really cool idea...

Tweaking the final resutls, but check out what H3ad made in just a few minutes....

neat'o'idea

Last edited:
G

Looks like a necco wafer MsG,LOL,now seriously....just drop the wafer in an envelope and send it to me for further study,lol :bat: what is the weight on that cookie?Good Job,and on the cheap too,gotta love it! :wave:

G

Can u believe, 4 grams RED exactly!... so quarter it up and there ya go... lol... we made a thinner one, that was just one gram but it was not as sturdy as the thicker one...but like you can peel off a peice...
This is the kif that we have been collecting in our box for months now... we smoked some of the thin wafer last night, and was ripped!...

Last edited: