What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Her will to live

LNG

I get weirdly attached to plants that I'm growing, and I hate to see any of them wither and die.

So this particular one is not a Bruce Banner 'grandchild' this is actually a child (have I mentioned this Bruce Banner saga before?)
This particular one was very much a struggling weakling from the Bruce Banner turned hermie lot. At the start something wasn't right with the very first leaves that she produced - they were all curly. But I've seen some plants recover and grow normal leaves later and produce decently after that.

Well, she kept sprouting bigger leaves but still quite curly. Also, she was growing very slowly comparing to others. However, she was somehow still just about surviving through all of the perils we were dealing with. And I still wasn't ready to give up on her (even tho I named her Mandi, after a person, I don't particularly like).

Eventually, as we started to resolve issues one by one, she became more substantial. Somehow it appeared that she had topped herself and sprouted to main colons instead of one. Riiiiight...
So now after we have harvested 2 interim grows, this one has caught up with the rest and looks like she actually will be a decent producer.
The moral of her story: Keep-fucking-going!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You are sure right my friend and I have done that very thing many times too. I can't throw a female plant away if it's growing. If it has issues I just move it to another location or isolate it. I had a funky unknown sex plant this spring that had something wrong with it. I left it alone and this Fall that plant kicked ass. Big ole fat nugs with the strong smell of lemons. I wished I could show you a photo but I used up all my photo space on Icmag and can't post photos anymore. Thanks for sharing LNG